cheapest online shop for 512mb mmc card?

Last response: in Brands
February 17, 2005 1:38:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.

Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
(excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
and a 2-3 week wait!)
February 17, 2005 1:38:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

£31.99 delivered from play.com
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:38:38 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:38:37 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
>512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
>cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>
>Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
>(excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
>and a 2-3 week wait!)

Check out www.froogle.com

Evan
February 17, 2005 4:39:39 PM

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
> 512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
> cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>
> Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
> (excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
> and a 2-3 week wait!)

£31.90 delivered from SVP.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:17:15 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:39:39 -0000, " *Paul*" <h@h.co.uk> wrote:

>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
>> I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
>> 512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
>> cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
>> (excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
>> and a 2-3 week wait!)
>
>£31.90 delivered from SVP.

thanks. i forgot to have a look at svp's site when having a search
around earlier. I'll take a look later, their site appears to be down
for maintenance at the moment.
February 17, 2005 7:35:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

£31.14 at www.aria.co.uk

Karl

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:39:39 -0000, " *Paul*" <h@h.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
> >> 512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
> >> cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
> >> (excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
> >> and a 2-3 week wait!)
> >
> >£31.90 delivered from SVP.
> >

> thanks. i forgot to have a look at svp's site when having a search
> around earlier. I'll take a look later, their site appears to be down
> for maintenance at the moment.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:17:38 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:38:37 +0000, eggster2k wrote:

> I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
> 512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
> cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>
> Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
> (excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
> and a 2-3 week wait!)

7dayshop were good for me last week - 512mb RS MMC, and a USB MMC card
reader - £37.93 inc. post.
Ordered Thursady evening, arrived Monday morning.
Remember, you need the Reduced Size MMC cards, not the full size.
Alan.

http://www.dvatc.co.uk - Off-road cycling in the North Midlands.
February 17, 2005 9:24:14 PM

eggster2k wrote:
> I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
> 512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
> cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>
> Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
> (excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
> and a 2-3 week wait!)

Komplett - £29.75.

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/kl.asp?bn=10237
February 17, 2005 10:04:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:38:37 +0000, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:

>I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
>512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
>cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>
>Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
>(excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
>and a 2-3 week wait!)

www.ebuyer.co.uk are usually the cheapest for memory cards. Will be
free postage also..........

Though it seems MMC are pretty limited. Are you sure a SD card wont
work? (Not even sure there is a difference!)

If so...

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=5...

(Be warned the URL is likely to wrap!)

is £23.66 delivered.

--
www.senaction.com
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:17:38 +0000, "A.Lee" <alan@darkroom.+.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:38:37 +0000, eggster2k wrote:
>
>> I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
>> 512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
>> cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
>> (excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
>> and a 2-3 week wait!)
>

>7dayshop were good for me last week - 512mb RS MMC, and a USB MMC card
>reader - £37.93 inc. post.
>Ordered Thursady evening, arrived Monday morning.
>Remember, you need the Reduced Size MMC cards, not the full size.
>Alan.

thanks for the info. i think you are mixing phones up though, the 6230
takes standard mmc, not reduced size.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 10:31:51 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:04:11 +0000, guv <guv69@msn.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:38:37 +0000, eggster2k
><eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
>>512MB MMC card for my 6230. I have so far found MobyMemory to be the
>>cheapest @ £35.49 inc postage.
>>
>>Does anyone know of any online shop that can beat this price?
>>(excluding ebay, with all the hong kong sellers with 10quid postage
>>and a 2-3 week wait!)
>
>www.ebuyer.co.uk are usually the cheapest for memory cards. Will be
>free postage also..........
>

>Though it seems MMC are pretty limited. Are you sure a SD card wont
>work? (Not even sure there is a difference!)

nokias only take mmc. sd cards are slightly thicker and have an extra
pin.

>If so...
>
>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=5...
>

>(Be warned the URL is likely to wrap!)
>
>is £23.66 delivered.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 7:29:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

>>>I'm looking around at various online shops (excluding ebay) for a
>>>512MB MMC card for my 6230.

>>Though it seems MMC are pretty limited. Are you sure a SD card wont
>>work? (Not even sure there is a difference!)
>
>nokias only take mmc. sd cards are slightly thicker and have an extra
>pin.

For info. I bought a 512MB mini SD from Aria.
I've tried altering the adapter it came with so it fits my 3300.
I removed some of the plastic around the contacts.
It didn't work - although it physically fitted (just) - so I guess
there is an electronic difference that prevents SDs working in Nokia
phones.
It may be worth checking RS-MMCs (reduced size) in case you change
phones in the future - but they cost more.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:45:09 AM

<pjlusenet@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>>Though it seems MMC are pretty limited. Are you sure a SD card wont
>>>work? (Not even sure there is a difference!)
>>
>>nokias only take mmc. sd cards are slightly thicker and have an extra
>>pin.
>
> For info. I bought a 512MB mini SD from Aria.
> I've tried altering the adapter it came with so it fits my 3300.
> I removed some of the plastic around the contacts.
> It didn't work - although it physically fitted (just) - so I guess
> there is an electronic difference that prevents SDs working in Nokia
> phones.
> It may be worth checking RS-MMCs (reduced size) in case you change
> phones in the future - but they cost more.

Try www.ebuyer.co.uk or ebay.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 7:27:04 PM

Hi everyone on this forum! .

Well all u guys are discussing abt the cheapest MMC

Well i hav an offer for MMC 1GB of transcend or ATP or similar branded
chips
for a mere Rs.2000/- (INR) Indian Rupees.

I am from delhi, u can buy as many as u want but hey faster the better
bcoz loads of responses within India itself. In market its for
Rs.3400/-

so hurry!

Regards,
Varun

--
varunbadhwar@gmail
March 15, 2005 4:12:28 PM

www.flashrus.com sells them pretty fast to europe though they are in the
states. They offer only ATP cards which is good. Send those guys an
e-mail. I got my DV Rsmmc chip within a week

--
yafool