Sign in with
Your question

Dual Monitor help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2012 10:54:47 PM

Hello. I am building my own computer. I would love to have dual monitors. Only one problem, im not very familiar with it. Know I know you need a graphics card that can support 2 monitors. But i dont know how i can be sure about if the graphics card i want to buy can do this. So i am going to give you the name, and the newegg link to the graphics card, so please tell me if it will be able to connect to dual monitors, and what cords i will need.

Heres the graphics card link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : dual monitor

a c 140 U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 2:07:51 PM

Yes, that card will support dual monitors. What cords you need depends on what input connectors your monitors have. Let us know all the inputs your monitors have (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort) and we'll recommend how to connect them.

-Wolf sends
m
l
November 15, 2012 6:39:25 PM

Wolfshadw said:
Yes, that card will support dual monitors. What cords you need depends on what input connectors your monitors have. Let us know all the inputs your monitors have (VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort) and we'll recommend how to connect them.

-Wolf sends

I am planning on getting these monitors: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-24-Widescreen-LED-Dua...

It says: "Each Monitor includes (1) VGA cable only. For dual monitor computer set-ups, a VGA & DVI connection and cable are required."

So i would assume that they have a vga port on them, so i would need an vga to dvi cord?

Also, i know that the dvi connection is either a dvi-i or a dvi-d. I know that this depends on the type of capture card. I messaged newegg asking what kind it was (as it was only listed as dvi ports) and they sent me: "I would love to help you with that question, but unfortunately Newegg employees such as myself aren't technically certified. All the products are posted on our website in real time as they are from the manufacturer. You may just check it on our website. I definitely don't want to provide you with wrong information and cause any type of inconvenience for you." So if you could tell me that as well, it would be very much appreciated.
m
l
a c 140 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 11:33:25 AM

Based on the pin-out of your graphics card, it has DVI-I dual link ports. This means the monitor needs to have either DVI-I or DVI-D connections. You can use a DVI-D cable to connect a DVI-I graphics card to a DVI-D monitor (see wiki.

Your graphics card came with a DVI to VGA adapter, so you could use that and the included cables if necessary, but if each monitor has a DVI port, I'd just use DVI connections.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!