Getting extension cables for all front port cables, I forget anything?

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hi All,
I'm planning on getting individual sleeve extensions for all of the front ports on my new build. Is anyone familiar with this that can let me know if I forget to get any cables?
Case: HAF X ATX Full Tower
MOBO: Asus P8Z77 Pro V

Here is what I think I'll need, but I've never worked with this case before so I'm not completely clear what front cables there are.
1x Audio Extension Cable
4x I/O Extension Cable
1x IEEE1394 Internal Extension Cable ($12.00)

Solution
Yeah, the pictures don't actually show the connector(that I could see), so I had to scour the feedback, and found mention of it

For example, the P8Z11 uses on-board USB 3 headers which are a nice fit with the front panel IO cord provided by CM

And now I know they fixed it on this case as well. It was a big selling point on my XM as well as more room for video cards(length) than all the other HAF cases. The other case I was considering, the Corsair 600T has a pass-through cable and I wanted as few wires exposed as possible.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
It has eSATA as well. The USB 3.0 cable is just a pass-through cable that needs plugged into the rear I/O panel. Something they fixed in the HAF XM(my case).

Are you doing it to make it look cleaner or because you think they won't be long enough?

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Doing it to look cleaner and match the color scheme. This is the case I'm getting, doesn't this version have that problem fixed? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119239&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Thanks for letting me know about the eSATA.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Yeah, the pictures don't actually show the connector(that I could see), so I had to scour the feedback, and found mention of it

For example, the P8Z11 uses on-board USB 3 headers which are a nice fit with the front panel IO cord provided by CM

And now I know they fixed it on this case as well. It was a big selling point on my XM as well as more room for video cards(length) than all the other HAF cases. The other case I was considering, the Corsair 600T has a pass-through cable and I wanted as few wires exposed as possible.

Solution

zeusthunder

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Right, exposed usb cables like that would just be ugly. I'd rather just leave them unplugged.