Closed Solved

What are these people smoking???

17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what people smoking
  1. Bathsalts...

or... Maybe they're hoping someone else is on bathsalts and mis-reads the sale price and buys an out-dated graphics card for the price of of buying a decent used car...
  2. Whew! I knew that the 6990 was older technology but I didn't think it would appreciate in value like a classic car or something! I'd like to meet the sucker who fell for that "Deal" just so I could heckle him! LOL!
  3. nbelote said:

I once knew a girl, who injected like 3 marijuana's, she died.

....side note, i wonder why no one has bought this certified pre-owned wonderdeal yet...
  4. I thought it was a typo at first, so I hit the check out button and bam, 5967.35 still. I almost just want to call these people and ask if this is a really bad joke, or a serious typo. I could build a monster rig for 6 grand lol
  5. it is not available anywhere so there is a mistake in price or the web master is not very ....
  6. Best answer
    scout_03 said:
    it is not available anywhere so there is a mistake in price or the web master is not very ....

I'd say time to fire that webmaster either that or they honestly don't give a **** about their e store and choose to rely on brick and mortar. With that said yea if that is a serious price then I'd love to meet their dealer because they are smoking some awesome ******
  7. company base in dallas and ship from los angeles
  8. That card was only what like 600-800 tops new?
  9. samuelspark said:

$9,700, for 600 GB 15K RPM HDD that is no match against a RAID of SSDs and 7.2K RPM HDDs in any category...

samuelspark said:

Quote:
    In stock. Limit 2 per customer.

:??:
  10. Ugh... Thats why I dispise apple.
  11. That hard drive, it has to be a typo!
  12. -___________________________________________________________________-
  13. zpwslayer said:

Four 7970s in CF setup:

$430 * 4 = $1720

And toss in another $1000-$2000 for extreme watercooling to OC the heck out of the monster setup. And that's still nowhere close to the 6990's inflated price.

Anyone that tries to explain how a 6990 priced at the so-called suggested retail price of $7459.19 $5967.35 despite being second-hand can do better than four highly OC'ed 7970s is either delusional and thinks that it's still the early 2000's, or is a very persuasive person.

EDIT: Web of Trust gave that website a low rating in Trustworthiness category. I wonder why.
  14. Best answer selected by zpwslayer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics