Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming build for WOW

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 30, 2012 5:04:01 PM

Hey, i'm looking to build a computer to run WOW with fairly high graphics settings (Doesn't have to be max settings).
The computer is not for me, and i don't play the game, so i'm asking for advice here.
I'd like to stay under 1000, but the cheaper the better.
Maybe i can downgrade the cpu, gpu, hard drive, and ram?
I'm also thinking of using the stock cooler that comes with the cpu, but it can be upgraded later.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v0y7

Thanks for the help :) 

More about : gaming build wow

December 30, 2012 5:11:28 PM

stormvee said:
Hey, i'm looking to build a computer to run WOW with fairly high graphics settings (Doesn't have to be max settings).
The computer is not for me, and i don't play the game, so i'm asking for advice here.
I'd like to stay under 1000, but the cheaper the better.
Maybe i can downgrade the cpu, gpu, hard drive, and ram?
I'm also thinking of using the stock cooler that comes with the cpu, but it can be upgraded later.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v0y7

Thanks for the help :) 


Yeah what you posted will run wow at max settings with no problems what so ever.
December 30, 2012 5:15:16 PM

JacobG said:
Yeah what you posted will run wow at max settings with no problems what so ever.


Oh, that's good. Would you recommend any changes that could make the build cheaper, but keep it at about the same level of performance?
Related resources
December 30, 2012 5:16:41 PM

What you put together will run that game like smooth butter, my only problem with that built is, if you are willing to spend almost 200 dollars on the GTX 560 then id pay a little more for a TI if you can get a good Mail in rebate deal on it. That way the pc will be overkill yes but future proof as well
December 30, 2012 5:16:42 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
December 30, 2012 5:18:34 PM

stormvee said:
Oh, that's good. Would you recommend any changes that could make the build cheaper, but keep it at about the same level of performance?




Well by maybe switching from Intel to AMD. But besides that you did a fine job
December 30, 2012 5:29:11 PM

Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll look into a 560 ti too.
!