Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade for HD 5870, High budget

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2012 2:24:15 AM

Hello, just looking at upgrading my aging graphics card. The HD5870 is kinda coping with most of my favourite games on low and with a few big titles coming soon, i want to be able to run them very smoothly at a high setting.
The parents are offering a graphics card for Christmas early or later. So I'm not sure whether to wait to see the next technology or get something now. At this stage im living with low settings but I really want to run them on high with a constant fps of 60

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Now till Christmas BUDGET RANGE: $500-$600

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Dayz ,War of the roses, BF3, COD, Rome total war II, Company of heroes 2, skyrim, GTA, blue ray movies,

SYSTEM SPECS:
-Antec HCP 1000w
-HD 5870 1gb powercolor
-i5 3570K (not overclocked)
-Noctua nh-d14
-Asrock z77 extreme 6
-8gb ddr3 1866mhz (G.Skill 1866c9d)
-Blue ray drive
-Crucial M4 128gb ssd
-3 x WD hard drives (Caviar black and green)
-NZXT switch

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: pccasegear.com, centrecom.com.au COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Australia

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Not at this stage

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 (no plans for more monitors)
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Good warranty preferred

Basically some form of future proof is what im after :) 
Thanks
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 2:26:16 AM

Well with that budget you could get something high end like a gtx670, gtx680 , or a hd7970. The gtx670 can be overclocked to attain performance levels similar to those of a gtx680, and the hd7970 is a beast when overclocked. Plus the hd7970 comes bundled with some games as part of an offer.

Hope this helps!
m
l
!