About to order this build

so basically i was in need of a major computer change you dont even want to know my computer specs atm lol.
heres the new build everything is new besides the graphics and power supply i dont have the money to get a new one right now.

Processor: AMD FX-6300

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA 970A-DS3

RAM: Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600

Graphics Card: xfx radeon HD 7750 core

Case: Cooler Master Haf 912

Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling PPCS500D Silencer 500 Dell 12V 80+ Certified Power Supply

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212+

im not sure if i can use the power supply or not, ive had this power supply for like 5-8 years now. if i could get some suggestions that would be lovely.
6 answers Last reply
More about about order build
  1. I don't see any storage mentioned. Do you have that?

Can you make a list of your current parts and budget so we can see what we are dealing with? DO you need an OS, monitor, etc?

I would hesitate to use a 8 year old PSU, honestly. Even high quality capacitors can start leaking or swelling after that long.
  2. Yeah i have a Storage 1tb Hard drive not sure what brand. and i do not need a monitor mouse keyboard or OS.

my current computer is

Processor: Pentium duo-core E5200 2.5 Ghz

Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-CM

RAM: unknown brand DDR2 4gb PC2-6400(400mhz)

Graphics Card: xfx radeon HD 7750 core

Case: Unknown case from emachine

Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling PPCS500D Silencer 500 Dell 12V 80+ Certified Power Supply

Cooling: Stock

im just copying the stuff it lists on CPU-Z, i am using the computer as of now and i can play stuff like League of legends, skyrim with average settings but i wanted to up the entire system but all in all can the PSU still be used, my budget would be out until like next month for that power supply
  3. What's your budget?
  4. with the stuff i bought it was 270 so about 300-350? i heard that the Fx-6300 stock cooler was just garbage and that the motherboard had heating problems so i bought a decent cooler with as many fan as i can fix in my haf 912
  5. I'm confused now. Which parts do you already have? What's left that you need to buy for the remaining $350?
  6. yea he lost me too.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Power Supplies Computer Systems