nemmyy

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm planning on switching to Intel soon. I have a current PC I built that's AMD, so I plan on buying a new CPU and motherboard. This PC will be used mainly for gaming. The game I play the most by far is League of Legends, which isn't too demanding but I also like to play other games like Skyrim, the newest hitman, etc.

I currently have a 6850 with 1GB of vram, athlon ii x4 @ 2.6 GHz, asus m4a785td-v evo, 500 gb HDD, 700 watt PSU, and 4GB of RAM (I'll upgrade that later).

I'm trying to find something for a good price on sale and I'm definitely looking to get an i5 over anything else. My budget is a little tight but I'd rather spend a little more so I can wait longer to upgrade again in the future.

I need to buy either my motherboard or CPU from Amazon because I have a giftcard.

Any particular cpu/mobo you would recommend? Ivy bridge is the newest generation right?

Thanks

PassMark

Distinguished

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
hi if you state your budget and the parts you need, people here can build you the best price to performance computer.

the i5-3570K is probably the best gaming cpu atm, but if your budget is low and if getting the i5 means getting a poor graphics card, then its not worth it.

nemmyy

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
I don't really have an exact budget, I'm going to try to sell that amazon GC so I can have cash and won't be stuck on amazon. I already have a graphics card like I said. I am only buying a new motherboard and CPU. Since my budget is limited I've been looking at this. Yes, it's last gen but it's unlocked and cheaper. Any thoughts?

nemmyy

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Just kidding! I just found an awesome deal here! Apparently starting January I can get a 3570K for $170 and then save $40 when buying a motherboard with it. I really hope they'll give me that price.... I think I'll call tomorrow to see.