Do i need special Cooling System for two GTX680? (& what?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJihad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
Hello,

I have Element V Black edition Case and This Specs:

i7 3770K ivy bridge.

H80 CPU Cooling.

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

EVGA GTX 680

--------

My GTX680 never went over ~70c. In most long gaming sessions it gets around 69c. give or take 4c)

--------

Do i need extra cooling system if i added an other GTX680? ( note that i'm very happy with the GTX 680x2 SLI Capabilities and i have no intention of over clocking them nor the CPU).

If i do, would you please recommend me the best compact one? ( because i have like 4 HDD and 1 SSD and 1 PCI-e card, so it's a bit crowded :( ).

( One last Q. Do i need more than 1200 PSU? (4 HDD, 1 SSD, 1 Avermedia PCI-e card & a Blueray, using 6 USB)

Thanks a lot.

Solution
Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

GeForce GTX 680 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
GeForce GTX 680 2x SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.
GeForce GTX 680 3x SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 900 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

Remember, if you are going to overclock the GPUs or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. The minute you touch voltages on the CPU or GPUs, the power draw can rise real fast and extensively. SOURCE - http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_680_3_way_sli_review,4.html
Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

GeForce GTX 680 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 550 Watt power supply unit.
GeForce GTX 680 2x SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 750 Watt power supply unit as minimum.
GeForce GTX 680 3x SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 900 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

Remember, if you are going to overclock the GPUs or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina. The minute you touch voltages on the CPU or GPUs, the power draw can rise real fast and extensively. SOURCE - http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_680_3_way_sli_review,4.html

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.