Sign in with
Your question

I need of help to upgrade computer!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2012 9:03:12 AM

okay so ive had this computer for a while and it a HP Pavilion p6345a... yes i know its a piece of crap haha here are the specs for it:

Motherboard
MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)

Processor
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20 GHz (up to 3.4 GHz turbo)

Memory: 8gb

Video graphics
ATI Radeon HD5450 (***!!!!)

PSU: 300W power supply

i need to know how far i can upgrade this computer by replacing the PSU, Graphics card and processor and case (if last two are needed needed)

as for a game i want to run: battlefield 3 at medium to max settings :) 

thank you for anyone who replies to this :) 

More about : upgrade computer

a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 9:24:09 AM

first off, your system is not a piece of crap! Its way better than what I used to have for gaming(the gpu being the exception).
keep your current cpu its more than good enough for bf3.

and as for your psu, a corsair cx500/tx650 should be enough depending on the graphic card your getting. SInce you havent mentioned your budget, I will continue to guess everything for you.

Now in order to run battlefield 3 on ultra, you would need something like a gtx670 for around $400..but you can go for a gtx660 ti for around $300 which would run the game at high settings/not ultra

If you like amd, a hd7870 can be found for around $240 and a hd7950 for $300 which would run the game at high-ultra. For the hd7950, I'd recommend you to get the tx650 power supply. For the rest of the graphic cards, a 500w psu would suffice so you can add that money for the graphic card. I am not recommending the hd7970 because you would be better off with the gtx670 if your budget is around that line.
m
l
!