Sign in with
Your question

Games Force Close under Asus GTX 550 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2012 9:17:54 AM

Hi everyone,

Just recently I upgraded my graphics card to an Asus GTX 550 ti .

When I play games after almost 15-20 minutes the game suddenly freezes and its process closes! Nothing but just the game process is affected and my OS runs normally. I use task manager then to close the "not responding" game.

I just then check my GPU's temperature (using Asus SmartDoctor) and it is usually around 60-64 degrees while the fan is spinning at 4200 RPM at that temp.

Games so far played and affected with this problem :

Crysis 2 & Warhead
Devil May Cry 4

Here is my System Specs:

Main: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @2.66 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 GELL
PSU: Green GP685B (+12V1:23A , +12V2:30A - Combined: 50A/600W)

Asus SmartDoctor (set to SmartCooling for fans)
Asus Gamer OSD

I greatly appreciate your help.

a c 187 U Graphics card
a c 111 Ĉ ASUS
November 15, 2012 10:37:25 AM

I had that mb. chgeck that your ram is 800 speed.the mb has an issue with 1066 or faster ram under load. with your system it could be that it running out of ram under load and it crashing. the other issue is under the games is you have the video setting set to high and the gpu running out of ram or your causing an issue when the gpu and ram try to swap data out of the gpu frame buffer. i would see if you can toss in another 4g of ram and then see if the games lock up if they do try turning down the eye candy.
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 10:46:00 AM

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Try removing the drivers for the gpu and reinstalling them. Could be a power supply issue too as you have a non branded psu.
!