Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard doesn't recognize Graphics Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2012 10:03:09 AM

My computer doesn't recognize graphics card. This system has been working the past 2 months with relatively low amount of issues. Now it suddenly doesn't recognize my graphics card.

What I've done:
1. Replaced Motherboard battery
2. Memtest86 was done for 8 hours with 0 errors (test was done 3 weeks ago)

A. I get my computer to work for ONE sessions if I do this:

1. Power off
2. Remove graphics card from PCI-E slot
3. Start computer and let it run about 20 seconds
4. Power off
5. Put graphics card back in PCI-e slot
6. Start computer

B. Sometimes I don't have to do all the steps to get my computer to work If the power cord has been unplugged for hours.

I have to repeat these steps (A or B) every single time I want to start up/restart my computer. I recently noticed that CPU-Z and Everest recognized CPU multiplier 6x in windows. It should be 9x. I don't know if this issue is related or not.

Is there any way to remove this issue? Thx in advance.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI
Graphics Card: 1x Nvidia 8800 GT 512MB
Memory: 2X Corsair CM2X1024-6400C5DHX (5-5-5-18-22) + 2X Transcend JM4GDDR2-8K (5-5-5-16-21).
CPU: intel Q6600
Power: Corsair HX620

Nothing is overclocked.

Drivers:
Graphics card: 306.97-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql
Bios: ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1301 (Bios type: PHoenix AwardBIOS v6.00 PG)

CPU-Z specs: http://i.imgur.com/VfHdp.jpg
Temperatures: http://i.imgur.com/DojZEh.png
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 15, 2012 10:40:15 AM

Well, one issue is that your memory has different timings. I would make sure you go into the BIOS and adjust them so that they work for both sets of memory. This seems like a silly question, but do you have the power cable attached to the gpu?
a c 205 U Graphics card
a c 478 V Motherboard
November 15, 2012 10:51:41 AM

make sure your mb drivers for the chipset are up todate if there damaged the video card wont be seen. i would see if a friend has another video card to see if it the video card or the pci slot on the mb.
November 15, 2012 1:16:56 PM

maestro0428 said:
This seems like a silly question, but do you have the power cable attached to the gpu?

Yes, I have the 6-pin power connected to the graphics card. I tried to address all the basic stuff I know of in my post, but apparently I missed a few :p .

I'm gonna try and flash Motherboard Bios and change RAM memory timings to 5-5-5-18-22.

Should I also try NVflash to flash my graphics card? Can it be risky?
!