Motherboard doesn't recognize Graphics Card

My computer doesn't recognize graphics card. This system has been working the past 2 months with relatively low amount of issues. Now it suddenly doesn't recognize my graphics card.

What I've done:
1. Replaced Motherboard battery
2. Memtest86 was done for 8 hours with 0 errors (test was done 3 weeks ago)

A. I get my computer to work for ONE sessions if I do this:

1. Power off
2. Remove graphics card from PCI-E slot
3. Start computer and let it run about 20 seconds
4. Power off
5. Put graphics card back in PCI-e slot
6. Start computer

B. Sometimes I don't have to do all the steps to get my computer to work If the power cord has been unplugged for hours.

I have to repeat these steps (A or B) every single time I want to start up/restart my computer. I recently noticed that CPU-Z and Everest recognized CPU multiplier 6x in windows. It should be 9x. I don't know if this issue is related or not.

Is there any way to remove this issue? Thx in advance.

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI
Graphics Card: 1x Nvidia 8800 GT 512MB
Memory: 2X Corsair CM2X1024-6400C5DHX (5-5-5-18-22) + 2X Transcend JM4GDDR2-8K (5-5-5-16-21).
CPU: intel Q6600
Power: Corsair HX620

Nothing is overclocked.

Drivers:
Graphics card: 306.97-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql
Bios: ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1301 (Bios type: PHoenix AwardBIOS v6.00 PG)

CPU-Z specs: http://i.imgur.com/VfHdp.jpg
Temperatures: http://i.imgur.com/DojZEh.png
3 answers Last reply
More about motherboard doesn recognize graphics card
  1. Well, one issue is that your memory has different timings. I would make sure you go into the BIOS and adjust them so that they work for both sets of memory. This seems like a silly question, but do you have the power cable attached to the gpu?
  2. make sure your mb drivers for the chipset are up todate if there damaged the video card wont be seen. i would see if a friend has another video card to see if it the video card or the pci slot on the mb.
  3. maestro0428 said:
    This seems like a silly question, but do you have the power cable attached to the gpu?

Yes, I have the 6-pin power connected to the graphics card. I tried to address all the basic stuff I know of in my post, but apparently I missed a few :P.

I'm gonna try and flash Motherboard Bios and change RAM memory timings to 5-5-5-18-22.

Should I also try NVflash to flash my graphics card? Can it be risky?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Motherboards Graphics