PC boots, no display, then shuts off.

loopy_raptor

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hi all, I know there's been a lot of these questions but I can't find my specific problem.

So earlier today I was playing a game and my PC was getting pretty hot, as my room was already around 70F. My PC froze and I had to force restart it by holding the power button.

It started to reboot, then after about 2 seconds it turned off and automatically reboot normally and told me "Overclocking has failed! press f1 to enter bios."

This weird rebooting process has become normal for me but until now, never failed to fully reboot.

So in bios I changed the energy setting from performance mode to normal mode. I clicked "Save settings and reset" and when I tried to reboot it after that, nothing worked.

When I reboot it, my moniter doesn't have a signal and after about 10 seconds it just shuts off.

Sorry about the wall of text but it's really important to me that I can get this fixed.

If you need any more questions, please ask!

Thanks!

1. Can you still get into BIOS? Try resetting the BIOS to defaults, Save, exit. IF not try unplugging from wall, wait a min for caps to drain, plug in again.

The debugging is really different if BIOS works but PC won't boot vs. system wont POST so you can't get into BIOS. Could you give a detailed blow-by-blow of what happens when you try to power up. From "When I reboot it, my monitor doesn't have a signal and after about 10 seconds it just shuts off. " it seems you can no longer get into the BIOS ?? but you could earlier ? (this can happen)

Note: it would help also to have some background on your PC - components, age, OS, etc.

loopy_raptor

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Hey, thanks for the reply! I solved my problem a while ago by resetting my cmos battery, going into bios and changing the voltage, timing, etc, of my memory. After that, it booted up without any problems! :bounce: Sorry if I wasted your time but this thread is old and I don't know how to mark this as solved... :whistle: