HD 7770 issues

jonnyspro

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hello,
I recently bought an amd hd 7770 video card as an upgrade to my 8800 gtx. i first removed all the drivers on the gtx then installed the disc drivers that came with the card. when i did i was getting all kinds of problems with catalyst can't open this and that. tried beta drivers tried reformatting and starting from scratch no results so far? im starting to think it might be my motherboard im running a nforce 590 sli with an amd athlon processor i know old school but i haven't upgraded the system since i got it. wondering if maybe its not compatible i have a 500w power supply too. since the drivers were put on the computer i can set the desktop to 1080p so i think they somewhat worked cant get amd catalyst to work and any programs that i open close within seconds. with errors attached. looking for any help let me know please!

jonnyspro

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
I might be retarded with it but the cd was with catalyst and on the website seems like all the drivers come with catalyst i dont think i cant use the card without catalyst

Don't use the disc. Go to amd.com and download the 12.10 driver. Uninstall the drivers you currently have through control panel. Boot into safe mode and use driver sweeper to remove any amd drivers and nvidia display drivers left over. Boot into normal and install the 12.10.

arcaine1802

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

I finally found someone with the same problem. I have been looking for 3 weeks for a solution to this, lucky for you I found it today.
It is very simple, get rid of windows vista. I tried everything possible (other motherboard, ram, hard disk, processor, power supply, install vista over and over again)
I got windows 7 pro now (I guess any win 7 or 8 version will do) and it runs perfectly. I just can`t understand why it worked the first 6 months I had this video card with vista.
After I installed windows 7 I first did all the updates and installed the latest driver from the ati site.

This worked for my so good luck and I hope you get your pc fixed.

jonnyspro

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
So the windows 7 install worked right away. Still got some error about mom.exe dont know what that is but everything is working so im not too worried about it. Thanks for all the input guys!