Call Block Problem WithT Mobile 3595

Last response: in Brands
February 18, 2005 4:30:02 AM

Hello this is my first post to this group.

I've read the 3595 manual, gone to Nokia 3rd party software sites, the
offical Nokia and T Mobile sites, and hacking sites trying to find an answer
to a problem concerning an out of state caller calling my phone five or six
times a day.

It seems my brother didn't pay a bill and a lawyer keeps calling my number.
I've wrote a certified letter but he keeps calling. I contacted T Mobile
and they said I should change my number. My number is for my company and is
advertised in the Yellow Pages so I cant change it. This person leaves long
voice mail messages racking up my bill. Not reading my voice mail is not
possible. I must keep in contact with my customers so I can't ignore my
inbox.

Is there a call blocking software for a 3595 yet that I can buy? If not is
there a way to block the 304 area code from my phone somewhere hidden in the
security settings that isn't covered in the manual? Has anyone out there in
cyber space found an answer to call blocking with a Nokia 3595?

This is driving me crazy. Will I be forced to go to another provider that
may offer call blocking that allows me to keep my number?

Thanks
Glen

More about : call block problem witht mobile 3595

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:38:59 AM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:30:02 -0600, "Glen Cooper"
<lockserviceTAKETHISOFF@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>Hello this is my first post to this group.
>
>I've read the 3595 manual, gone to Nokia 3rd party software sites, the
>offical Nokia and T Mobile sites, and hacking sites trying to find an answer
>to a problem concerning an out of state caller calling my phone five or six
>times a day.
>
>It seems my brother didn't pay a bill and a lawyer keeps calling my number.
>I've wrote a certified letter but he keeps calling. I contacted T Mobile
>and they said I should change my number. My number is for my company and is
>advertised in the Yellow Pages so I cant change it. This person leaves long
>voice mail messages racking up my bill. Not reading my voice mail is not
>possible. I must keep in contact with my customers so I can't ignore my
>inbox.
>
>Is there a call blocking software for a 3595 yet that I can buy? If not is
>there a way to block the 304 area code from my phone somewhere hidden in the
>security settings that isn't covered in the manual? Has anyone out there in
>cyber space found an answer to call blocking with a Nokia 3595?
>
>This is driving me crazy. Will I be forced to go to another provider that
>may offer call blocking that allows me to keep my number?

Unfortunately, there isn't any carrier I'm aware of that can do what
you want.

Perhaps a call to the local (to them - 304 A/C) Police and file a
harassment complaint?
February 18, 2005 2:49:04 PM

"Evan Platt" <evan@TheObvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:30:02 -0600, "Glen Cooper"
> <lockserviceTAKETHISOFF@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello this is my first post to this group.
> >
> >I've read the 3595 manual, gone to Nokia 3rd party software sites, the
> >offical Nokia and T Mobile sites, and hacking sites trying to find an
answer
> >to a problem concerning an out of state caller calling my phone five or
six
> >times a day.
> >
> >It seems my brother didn't pay a bill and a lawyer keeps calling my
number.
> >I've wrote a certified letter but he keeps calling. I contacted T Mobile
> >and they said I should change my number. My number is for my company and
is
> >advertised in the Yellow Pages so I cant change it. This person leaves
long
> >voice mail messages racking up my bill. Not reading my voice mail is not
> >possible. I must keep in contact with my customers so I can't ignore my
> >inbox.
> >
> >Is there a call blocking software for a 3595 yet that I can buy? If not
is
> >there a way to block the 304 area code from my phone somewhere hidden in
the
> >security settings that isn't covered in the manual? Has anyone out there
in
> >cyber space found an answer to call blocking with a Nokia 3595?
> >
> >This is driving me crazy. Will I be forced to go to another provider
that
> >may offer call blocking that allows me to keep my number?
>
> Unfortunately, there isn't any carrier I'm aware of that can do what
> you want.
>
> Perhaps a call to the local (to them - 304 A/C) Police and file a
> harassment complaint?
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

That's what I figured. I was hoping of a recent breakthrough.

What I think I'll do first is transfer my calls over the weekend to my home
phone, use my PC voice-modem to answer the calls, and play a WAV. file
through a land line selective incoming call blocking program with the 3 tone
disconnect signal followed by the message, "We're sorry, the number you
dialed is disconnected. Please check the number and dial again." Maybe
this will work.

Thanks for your help.

Glen
!