Sign in with
Your question

First build, very nervous

Last response: in Systems
December 30, 2012 10:49:56 PM

Hi guys, i am doing my first build tommorow(really excited,but mostly nervous). i was wondering what you guys though of it before i pulled the trigger, any suggestion will be welcome.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v3p4

More about : build nervous

December 30, 2012 11:00:57 PM

1tb hdd and 60gb ssd might be better, depeding on what you are going to use ssd for.

you can fit win 7 on a 60gb ssd no problems and have 40gb space :) 

everything else looks good. Goodluck
December 30, 2012 11:17:49 PM

i will be putting the OS and some games and some programs on the SSD, i think i will be ok with 500GB; thanks for the advice anyway. I am also looking for suggestion about my monitor, any will be welcome.
Related resources
December 30, 2012 11:34:25 PM

i would recommend purchasing a cpu cooler if you plan on overclocking the cpu, the hyper 212 evo is very popular and powerful, however an antec kuhler 620 would also be worth a look (or a corsair H series) if you plan on serious overclocks
December 30, 2012 11:40:58 PM

I will be getting one in the future, thanks for the advice
December 31, 2012 12:08:31 AM

If you plan on getting a second 7950 down the road, then the PSU is solid. If you want to stick with a single GPU system, then 500w will give you plenty of headroom to overclock and add non-GPU components.

That's really expensive for crucial ballistix. Better RAM for cheaper, this will matter if you want to overclock.
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

The 840 is not worth the money. While the 840 pro is the current speed king, the regular 840 gets beat by the 830 and any toggle-nand, second gen sandforce drive. The 830 has gone back *up* in price lately (go figure), so that leaves the toggle-sandforce drives. My personal favorite is Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ NCIX US). They're the only SSD manufacturer that makes their own flash memory, and the only one that's been making enterprise SSD's longer than Intel.

good luck!
December 31, 2012 12:12:33 AM

Alright, i will get that one then
December 31, 2012 12:33:40 AM

relax, I know how you feel. The only reason to be nervous is upon the purchase decisions, and we are here to advise you. I was pretty nervous even after advice, but I ended up with the fastest, most reliable computer in my extended family.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v4Ej

Definitely get the i5 3570k. Add an aftermarket cooler, their cooling is where intel does its budget cuts. Motherboard is so-so, good choice when it's on sale, but the z77x-d3h is same/cheaper right now. You could go either way with ram. unless you are doing 24/7 extreme gaming, you don't need the latest and greatest graphics card, but I put in a pretty great one for you.

Definitely take a test run before you get into any overclocking.

If you are ever scared that you might mess up, don't be, I accidentally dropped the cpu wrongly into the socket the first time. I was scared that I bent a pin, but it turned out fine. Don't drop you're cpu, though. you COULD break a pin.

touch the case before you touch any parts and de-static yourself between parts or after breaks(b-room).

Stories work wonders, you'll know it when you teach noobs, too
December 31, 2012 12:55:38 AM

lxgoldsmith said:
relax, I know how you feel. The only reason to be nervous is upon the purchase decisions, and we are here to advise you. I was pretty nervous even after advice, but I ended up with the fastest, most reliable computer in my extended family.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v4Ej

Definitely get the i5 3570k. Add an aftermarket cooler, their cooling is where intel does its budget cuts. Motherboard is so-so, good choice when it's on sale, but the z77x-d3h is same/cheaper right now. You could go either way with ram. unless you are doing 24/7 extreme gaming, you don't need the latest and greatest graphics card, but I put in a pretty great one for you.

Definitely take a test run before you get into any overclocking.

If you are ever scared that you might mess up, don't be, I accidentally dropped the cpu wrongly into the socket the first time. I was scared that I bent a pin, but it turned out fine. Don't drop you're cpu, though. you COULD break a pin.

touch the case before you touch any parts and de-static yourself between parts or after breaks(b-room).

Stories work wonders, you'll know it when you teach noobs, too

I dont plan on overclocking for a while, i will handle the cpu like a new born baby and hope to god i don't drop it,so many horror stories about broken pins,i dont think i am helping it my self by reading all these stories :(  . Thank you for the encouragements
December 31, 2012 4:06:51 PM

It should make you feel better to know that Intel moved the pins to the socket instead of the CPU a while back, which protects them much better from getting bent :) 

enjoy!
December 31, 2012 5:09:39 PM

quilciri said:
It should make you feel better to know that Intel moved the pins to the socket instead of the CPU a while back, which protects them much better from getting bent :) 

enjoy!

+1
!