Sign in with
Your question

First build, very nervous

Last response: in Systems
December 30, 2012 10:49:56 PM

Hi guys, i am doing my first build tommorow(really excited,but mostly nervous). i was wondering what you guys though of it before i pulled the trigger, any suggestion will be welcome.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v3p4

More about : build nervous

December 30, 2012 11:00:57 PM

1tb hdd and 60gb ssd might be better, depeding on what you are going to use ssd for.

you can fit win 7 on a 60gb ssd no problems and have 40gb space :) 

everything else looks good. Goodluck
m
l
December 30, 2012 11:17:49 PM

i will be putting the OS and some games and some programs on the SSD, i think i will be ok with 500GB; thanks for the advice anyway. I am also looking for suggestion about my monitor, any will be welcome.
m
l
Related resources
December 30, 2012 11:34:25 PM

i would recommend purchasing a cpu cooler if you plan on overclocking the cpu, the hyper 212 evo is very popular and powerful, however an antec kuhler 620 would also be worth a look (or a corsair H series) if you plan on serious overclocks
m
l
December 30, 2012 11:40:58 PM

I will be getting one in the future, thanks for the advice
m
l
December 31, 2012 12:08:31 AM

If you plan on getting a second 7950 down the road, then the PSU is solid. If you want to stick with a single GPU system, then 500w will give you plenty of headroom to overclock and add non-GPU components.

That's really expensive for crucial ballistix. Better RAM for cheaper, this will matter if you want to overclock.
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

The 840 is not worth the money. While the 840 pro is the current speed king, the regular 840 gets beat by the 830 and any toggle-nand, second gen sandforce drive. The 830 has gone back *up* in price lately (go figure), so that leaves the toggle-sandforce drives. My personal favorite is Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ NCIX US). They're the only SSD manufacturer that makes their own flash memory, and the only one that's been making enterprise SSD's longer than Intel.

good luck!
m
l
December 31, 2012 12:12:33 AM

Alright, i will get that one then
m
l
December 31, 2012 12:33:40 AM

relax, I know how you feel. The only reason to be nervous is upon the purchase decisions, and we are here to advise you. I was pretty nervous even after advice, but I ended up with the fastest, most reliable computer in my extended family.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v4Ej

Definitely get the i5 3570k. Add an aftermarket cooler, their cooling is where intel does its budget cuts. Motherboard is so-so, good choice when it's on sale, but the z77x-d3h is same/cheaper right now. You could go either way with ram. unless you are doing 24/7 extreme gaming, you don't need the latest and greatest graphics card, but I put in a pretty great one for you.

Definitely take a test run before you get into any overclocking.

If you are ever scared that you might mess up, don't be, I accidentally dropped the cpu wrongly into the socket the first time. I was scared that I bent a pin, but it turned out fine. Don't drop you're cpu, though. you COULD break a pin.

touch the case before you touch any parts and de-static yourself between parts or after breaks(b-room).

Stories work wonders, you'll know it when you teach noobs, too
m
l
December 31, 2012 12:55:38 AM

lxgoldsmith said:
relax, I know how you feel. The only reason to be nervous is upon the purchase decisions, and we are here to advise you. I was pretty nervous even after advice, but I ended up with the fastest, most reliable computer in my extended family.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v4Ej

Definitely get the i5 3570k. Add an aftermarket cooler, their cooling is where intel does its budget cuts. Motherboard is so-so, good choice when it's on sale, but the z77x-d3h is same/cheaper right now. You could go either way with ram. unless you are doing 24/7 extreme gaming, you don't need the latest and greatest graphics card, but I put in a pretty great one for you.

Definitely take a test run before you get into any overclocking.

If you are ever scared that you might mess up, don't be, I accidentally dropped the cpu wrongly into the socket the first time. I was scared that I bent a pin, but it turned out fine. Don't drop you're cpu, though. you COULD break a pin.

touch the case before you touch any parts and de-static yourself between parts or after breaks(b-room).

Stories work wonders, you'll know it when you teach noobs, too

I dont plan on overclocking for a while, i will handle the cpu like a new born baby and hope to god i don't drop it,so many horror stories about broken pins,i dont think i am helping it my self by reading all these stories :(  . Thank you for the encouragements
m
l
December 31, 2012 4:06:51 PM

It should make you feel better to know that Intel moved the pins to the socket instead of the CPU a while back, which protects them much better from getting bent :) 

enjoy!
m
l
December 31, 2012 5:09:39 PM

quilciri said:
It should make you feel better to know that Intel moved the pins to the socket instead of the CPU a while back, which protects them much better from getting bent :) 

enjoy!

+1
m
l
!