Closed Solved

Will a 500 watt thermaltake litepower psu be able to run a radeon7850

My question is exactly what the title says, I was wondering if a 500 watt litepower psu will be able to power a radeon 7850. Now I know the recommended psu for 7850 is 500 watts, But I've have heard the Litepowers are a bit miss leading on the actual output. I also want it to run fairly high graphic intensive programs such video editing (Adobe Premier Pro) and 3D modelling (3ds max), as well as a lot of gaming (BF3, crysis 2, skyrim etc...) so I want to know if the psu will be able to power these power hungry applications without cutting out on me.

Thankyou very much in advance
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will watt thermaltake litepower radeon7850
  1. Best answer
    It will be fine look here Tier 3 Brands - Power supplies fully able to meet ATX specs, although closer to the edges of the limits than higher tier units. Still solid units. http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/permalink/323050/323050/ShowThread.aspx#323050
  2. You won't get any acceleration in Premiere with an AMD card. I have tried with both a 7850 and a FirePro. I would go Nvidia instead if you need gpu software acceleration. To answer your question though, yes, it should be able to handle it just fine.
  3. Thankyou very much for answering my question, and so quickly too. I was thinking of going a nvidia 570 but it goes a bit too much over budget as well having to buy a new psu for it and I dont want to go to 560ti because it doesn't have same capability as a 7850, especially in gaming. Anyway, thanks again, its good to know the psu will work!
  4. Your welcome!
  5. Best answer selected by woahevil1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Thermaltake Graphics