Solved

Help Building Gaming PC (choose parts)

Hello, new member here! First thread!
I have been researching for weeks now and I have these components for my hardcore gaming desktop. I am asking you guys to consider this list and see any imperfections here. My budget is about $3000 and since this is a lot I want a super duper gaming rig for the money. Since I have been researching a lot, I think this is pretty much a perfect build. Then again, there are more experienced people here and maybe they could suggest some tweaks.
The BOLD items are the ones I REALLY want you guys to comment on.
Anyways, I have set up this list:

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0
$99.99

Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$99.99

Monitor: ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers
$169.99

VIDEO CARD: EVGA 04G-P4-3687-KR GeForce GTX 680 FTW+ w/Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
$559.99

NVIDIA Gift Game Borderlands 2
$0.00

NVIDIA Gift PC Game Assassin's Creed 3
$0.00

Power Supply: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC ...
$129.99

Speakers: Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II 32 watts RMS 2.0 Speakers
$112.99

Keyboard: Logitech K800 Black USB RF Wireless Slim Illuminated Keyboard
$89.99

Mouse: Logitech M310 Peacock Blue 3 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser Mouse
-$6.00 Instant
$28.99

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ
$211.96
($52.99 each)

Mouse Pad: GIGABYTE GP-MP8000 Extreme Accuracy Gaming Mouse Pad
$14.99

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
$339.99

AVG AntiVirus 2013 - 1 PC - OEM
$0.00

POSSESSOR: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73930K
$569.99

CPU COOLER: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel ...
$29.99

Total: $2,658.83
Shipping: Free

Do you have any tweaks? Any comments? Please tell me what you think!

PS I had discounts for a few of the items so I included the price AFTER the discount.

THANK YOU!!!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help building gaming choose parts
  1. get this instead
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v4dn

-you need more ram than that
    -i7s are not for games
    -670s perform the same as a 680 out of the box
    -evga does not make the best cards with the best coolers
    -you dont build yourself a beast rig and use cheapo peripherals.
    -the g9x is pretty much the standard gaming mouse other than the razer deathadder and the logitech g500
    -you need a SSD
    -id get a good headset instead of speakers but then again speakers are useful for movies

-a reminder is that the ram is to be overclocked. its pretty crap at what it is set as. try 1866mhz cl9-9-9-24. it should be stable
  2. TheBigTroll said:
    get this instead
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v4dn

-you need more ram than that
    -i7s are not for games
    -670s perform the same as a 680 out of the box
    -evga does not make the best cards with the best coolers
    -you dont build yourself a beast rig and use cheapo peripherals.
    -the g9x is pretty much the standard gaming mouse other than the razer deathadder and the logitech g500
    -you need a SSD
    -id get a good headset instead of speakers but then again speakers are useful for movies

-a reminder is that the ram is to be overclocked. its pretty crap at what it is set as. try 1866mhz cl9-9-9-24. it should be stable

-ITS 16GB see closely 4gbx4 ($211)
    -Ur kidding right? i7s are like 5x better performance than i5s
    -please look at specs
    -wtf is peripherals
    -I HATE wired mouses and that's why I got a wireless one
    -WTF is SSD?
    -I like speakers better. I don't like headsets

THANK YOU so much for my replys and Ill vote u as the best answer as soon as you reply to this
  3. Best answer
    -dude, it is put in as a 2x2 kit. it also makes no sense as you are using ddr2, which is incompatable
    -that is bs because they make no difference in games. i have a i7 3770k. i turn off 4 of the 8 threads to mimic a i5. same gaming performance. and even if its a workload situation, a i7 is about 30% faster than a i5, not 5x
    -it means crap. 670s are shown to beat 680s out of the box (given my card has a overclock from the factory).
    -peripherals are thing that you interact with with the computer.
    -it sure does make a lot of sense to use a internet-browsing designed mouse to game hardcore. there are wireless gaming mice if you want me to suggest some

note that if a 670 puts out 60 fps and a 680 puts out 68 fps, you cant see the difference anyways because its above your monitors refresh rate
  4. if you buy 4 kits of those 2x2 kits it would make sense, but then it also wouldnt given there are 4gb and 8gb sticks avaliable for purchase
  5. TheBigTroll said:
    if you buy 4 kits of those 2x2 kits it would make sense, but then it also wouldnt given there are 4gb and 8gb sticks avaliable for purchase

@thebigtroll, he is just trolling he already made another thread asking the same thing here and by the post he just said, i don't think he knows much about computers
  6. i kinda figured out when he doesnt know what "peripherals" are.
  7. boulbox said:
    @thebigtroll, he is just trolling he already made another thread asking the same thing here and by the post he just said, i don't think he knows much about computers

Reason I'm doing this is to get more replies
  8. Best answer selected by PcUser3930K.
  9. And the more you do it the less replies you will get
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems