Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Change GTX 460 for GTX 660 SC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 15, 2012 2:38:00 PM

Hello folks!

I will start saying: I'm from Brazil, so, sorry for my english :ange: 

So guys, i have on my PC one GTX 460 Asus Overclocked
And I'm thinking in change this videocard for the GTX 660 SC

I was looking around, and I saw the GTX 460 isn't that bad...

So, if I change my GTX 460 to the new GTX 660 SC, I will regret?

Or is better I wait until some new released VGA?

Obs: I'm from Brazil, the GTX 660 here cost something like U$500/600, so i cannot buy one GTX 670 for exemple, because here the difference between them is something like U$200/300.


Thank you and have a nice day :D 


Pc config:
I7 2600K
2x4Gb G. Skill Sniper 1600Mhz
P8Z77-V PRO
2 HD and 1 SSD
Antec NEO ECO 450C 450W 80 PLUS PFC
And the GTX 460

More about : change gtx 460 gtx 660

November 15, 2012 2:52:23 PM

If you are not having issues with your 460, I would just hold out till next generation.
November 15, 2012 3:00:52 PM

Are there games at settings you cannot play? If so, I say upgrade, if not, wait.
Related resources
November 15, 2012 3:32:39 PM

Derza10 said:
If you are not having issues with your 460, I would just hold out till next generation.


this or take one more step up at least 660ti
November 15, 2012 4:07:01 PM

get the most out of your GTX460 and only upgrade if you can't play games at medium settings at 1080p.
I find it best to upgrade after 3 generations so hold out until GTX7xx series is out
a b Î Nvidia
November 15, 2012 4:58:41 PM

upgrading from your 460 to 660 will give you almost 90% boost performance in games..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/542?vs=660

yes, you'll not regret it..
_____________________

next generation card always faster than today card..
if you have to wait, why not wait until the launch of GTX99999999 ? :D 

if this card in the future is too slow, grab another $500, and upgrade your card again..
November 15, 2012 5:29:34 PM

Quaddro said:
upgrading from your 460 to 660 will give you almost 90% boost performance in games..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/542?vs=660

yes, you'll not regret it..
_____________________

next generation card always faster than today card..
if you have to wait, why not wait until the launch of GTX99999999 ? :D 

if this card in the future is too slow, grab another $500, and upgrade your card again..


well he might regret it if he is only playing at something like 1280x1024 resolution and already has everything maxed with high frame rate. OP could you list your monitor(s) resolution and games you are playing/plan to play soon?
November 15, 2012 6:14:01 PM

actually, I can play all the games in the ultra, in 1920x1080
Just battlefield 3 I had to remove the Anti Alising...and some times I have troubles with some games, but nothing serious

I have some dificults to play Skyrim some times too, but i think is problem with the game, not hardware

I'm crazy to play GTA V and I'm afraid of the game will not run here, u guys think some new VGA will be released until there?

Best solution

November 15, 2012 6:19:26 PM
Share

Well if you are able to play all your games pretty well I vote you should hold off till the new cards come out in 4 months or so. I mean the 600 series has already been out for about 8 months. Maybe its just me but I like to buy my cards at the start of the series and not right before the next ones come out.
November 15, 2012 7:15:45 PM

Ok guys, i will wait them...

I just hope the new nvidia series don't come expensive here on this damn country

So much thanks for help me :) 
November 15, 2012 7:36:18 PM

Wait and see if you can pick up the 660 for 200 with tax included then sell the 460 for 70 or so dollars. $130 to step up a class in performance seems worth it.
November 22, 2012 12:10:09 AM

Best answer selected by dinizap9.
January 23, 2013 10:42:26 AM

spentshells said:
Wait and see if you can pick up the 660 for 200 with tax included then sell the 460 for 70 or so dollars. $130 to step up a class in performance seems worth it.


he is in Brazil as he said. The GTX 660 Ti costs a minimum of $450 in Brazil. And the GTX 690 costs a minimum of $1750. Source: I am brazilian too.
January 23, 2013 10:57:10 AM

Trantor said:
he is in Brazil as he said. The GTX 660 Ti costs a minimum of $450 in Brazil. And the GTX 690 costs a minimum of $1750. Source: I am brazilian too.



He also appears to be looking at a 660 not a 660 ti
!