Blue screen after update

bigal18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
My computer did an update last night, and when the computer started up, when the windows flag moved around for about 10 sec all of a sudden the blue screen comes up counting (I think the "dumping physical memory") then the computer restarts and I select launch startup repair, that does not work, then I try to just startup the computer normally, and that does not work either. I don't knnow what to do. I would really appreciate any help, Thank you in advanced.

isamuelson

Distinguished
This was an issue with XP a few weeks ago and it was attributed to malware being installed people's machines.

Reboot into safe mode and try to revert back to a previous install. I would also do a virus scan as well.

Just press and hold F8 while Windows is booting to get the boot options menu and select Safe Mode.

Julie25

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

In the 6 cases that I saw, ALL 6 of the computers had been reformatted FROM SCRATCH. Explorer 8 definitely caused the problem. I know there's a glitch in it because not a single one got that screen (and they all did it at different times) until very shortly after Explorer 8 was installed. In fact, after the first 3 went, I had that feeling, and that was why we experimented with the next three. Sure enough!

Julie25

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I have to admit that we couldn't help but get the feeling that this was done on purpose to force people to buy new computers. What else could we think? It wasn't actually 6 computers; it was three; formatted twice: Once after the first crash, once after the 2nd, and on the third we bought new computers.