Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 Low Profile or standard version

Which one is better for money?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikmalhidayat

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Ok... right now, i now my cpu will bottleneck me if using hd 7750... but, i tends to upgrade slowly. with my current pc and my psu (probably), i can run run hd 7750 at least. my local stores for now have only ASUS HD 7750 and Gigabyte HD 7750, in which is bit of overprice... with sapphire, its cheaper and better for me cuz im using sapphire cards (from x550 to hd 4350) and never disappoints me. i never used any brands except Sapphire (not trying to say im a fan... NO). but, this time i tried to consider other brands too.

this is the interesting part for hd 7750 low profile. http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_7750_lp/4.htm . can oc more than sapphire hd 7770 standard version!!! but... of course with the heatsink... temp is the worst. but, i kinda believes this cuz my graphic card can oc up to gpu@750mhz and mem@480mhz, pretty hot when in passive cooling but good with fan blowing directly to it.

im not going for crossfirex for now... not really about it once i knew my budget

i prefer with low profile cuz light, maybe can be used for my 'future' very small factor build. in not the guy who cares about stylish of the heatsink, although some heatsink like hd7770 vapor-x is the best for me...

so, in terms of price, which one is better? low profile or standard?

[edit] sapphire (all hd 7750 and hd 7770) is not available at my local store for a moment... need to ship from even furthur place. but asus and gigabyte has it. also, i heard gigabyte one is not good enough. asus, to be said, has better warranty year (3 years) than sapphire (2 years). for msi, i also heard that it also has oc warranty too.

Ikmalhidayat

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
just.. just wanna say 'bump' bump, 'bump' :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

well, trying to get attention here... :hello:

ok... so, how do you think about gt 640 and gtx 650 compared to hd 7700 series?

the 640 an 650 are more expensive. 640 = 6670 performance, 650 = 7750 performance.

Why would you want to OC a card like a 7750? its whole purpose is to draw low power. The sapphire card is good.

Ikmalhidayat

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
well, actually, my main reason for hd 7750 is for compatibility and money. well, other reason is... performance/wattage. if possible, if i go oc with hd 7750, i can get a par performance with its own brother, hd 7770 GHz, with a bit lower power draws than hd 7770 even when oc

well, the main question in this thread is, should i go with low-profile or standard version? which one is cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.