Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which Graphics Card Supports 6 Monitors?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 15, 2012 5:35:51 PM

Hey guys, I am trying to get a new Desktop and I need the ability to display on six monitors. I was having a hard time figuring out which of these actually supported six monitor display and thought you guys could help. Which of these supports six monitors? Thank you.

1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570
1 GB AMD Radeon HD 7670
2GB AMD Radeon HD 7570
2GB Nvidia GeForce GT630
3GB Nvidia GeForce GT640
2GB AMD Radeon HD 7770
5GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
3GB AMD Radeon HD 7950
2GB Nvidia GTX680
November 15, 2012 6:20:56 PM

Ok I see now thank you. What if I did two AMD 7570 or 7670. Would I then be able to support up to six monitors?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 15, 2012 6:32:28 PM

Keep in mind if you go with the Eyefinity 6 version you will need monitors that have display port or active DVI dongles, it will not support more than 2 standard DVI connections
m
0
l
a c 80 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 15, 2012 6:37:19 PM

There's no such card as a 7570 or 7670.

You can use multiple cards but you can't crossfire our use eyefinity across all 6. The 6670 or 7750 would be fine if it's not for gaming. Really anything that supports 3 monitors would work. You just have to run the third off an active display port adapter for AMD which are about 20 bucks
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 6:55:03 PM

unksol said:
There's no such card as a 7570 or 7670.

You can use multiple cards but you can't crossfire our use eyefinity across all 6. The 6670 or 7750 would be fine if it's not for gaming. Really anything that supports 3 monitors would work. You just have to run the third off an active display port adapter for AMD which are about 20 bucks


1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570
1 GB AMD Radeon HD 7670

From my first post, I was asking.
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 7:23:45 PM

6 MONITORS ?
why so many?
m
0
l
November 15, 2012 7:25:16 PM

resin34 said:
6 MONITORS ?
why so many?

Most likely for work.
A lot of people at investment banks use 4 or 6 monitors sets.
m
0
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 15, 2012 7:25:37 PM

you can use 2 6450s for cheap 6 monitors.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 6:11:26 PM

The computer I got comes with AMD Radeon 7670, so I just want another now that can support six monitors with it. Would an AMD Radeon 6670 work?
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 6:15:07 PM

Here's the Build:

Windows 8 Pro 64
• 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K quad-core processor [3.5GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
• 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
• No secondary hard drive
• 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7670 [DVI, DP, HDMI, VGA adapter]
• 460W Power supply
• SuperMulti DVD Burner
• Wireless-N LAN card (1x1)
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)
• No Additional Office Software
• No additional Security Software
• No TV Tuner
• Beats Audio (tm) -- integrated studio quality sound
• HP wireless keyboard and mouse with Win 8 keyboard
• Adobe Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 10
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 6:35:44 PM

Good job not listening to anyone here.

Your motherboard can't corssfire so unless you buy a 7870 eyefinity 6 there is no way you can get 6 monitors. Rather than a cheap crossfire of 6450s, you bought a prebuilt HP that doesn't allow for CF expansion.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 8:34:17 PM

yialanliu said:
Good job not listening to anyone here.

Your motherboard can't corssfire so unless you buy a 7870 eyefinity 6 there is no way you can get 6 monitors. Rather than a cheap crossfire of 6450s, you bought a prebuilt HP that doesn't allow for CF expansion.


Damn. Yeah I jumped the gun unfortunately. Is the 7870 the only option I have left now?
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 8:47:04 PM

Yes it is the only option unless you also buy a new motherboard, but that's probably going to cost the same.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 9:04:26 PM

Ok that is good enough. I made the mistake and it costs me. However, how many monitors will the current graphics card support?
m
0
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
November 22, 2012 9:32:15 PM

you can run monitors off the integrated graphics in addition to the gpu.
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 10:40:43 PM

esrever said:
you can run monitors off the integrated graphics in addition to the gpu.


Ok that's good to hear. I will have to look up how to do that. What I really want to know is if the current GPU will support three monitors at least
m
0
l
November 22, 2012 10:44:39 PM

JAustin16 said:
Ok that's good to hear. I will have to look up how to do that. What I really want to know is if the current GPU will support three monitors at least

It's possible IF you didn't buy a prebuilt. Dell/HP and other prebuilt companies typically suck with options to do stuff like that. Bios are always stripped down and other reasons.

Also, majority of time, your integrated/dedicated uses the same bus so you can only run one of the other.

Check this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/316149-28-sandy-bridg...
m
0
l
November 23, 2012 3:24:47 PM

Damn it. Ok thanks anyway though. I guess I just have to look around for a 7870. I will post here when I see a few to get your input on whether they are compatible with my machine.
m
0
l
November 23, 2012 4:16:56 PM

There's only the eyefinity 6 7870 and there's only 2 models of it...not much to compare...
m
0
l
!