Sign in with
Your question

Windows 8 installs wrong driver HELP!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2012 6:23:47 PM

Ok so I installed windows 8 I have 2 GeForce gts 250's in sli..everything was fine. then a few days go by the screen turned black and came back on with everything huge as if no driver was installed. a few moments go by and it goes black and comes back on like it was. So I check the device manager, no I have a gts 250 and a gt 9800..So there goes my SLI..I uninstalled and re installed that didn't work..I shut off all automatic install settings went into safe mode, uninstalled the drivers cleaned registry and tried a fresh install..nothing..so I decided to install the gts driver by itself, and that automatically installs the gt 9800 driver.. I ran that little program cpuid and the stats for the video cards are identical only the name is different..i want my SLI back!!!
Im hoping one of you gurus can save me here..
MOBO:m4n98td-evo
6 gigs of ram
2 GeForce gts 250's
cpu:AMD phenom II X$ B55 3.20

update 1:Sorry for the delay, Ive haven't had time due to work..Just an update so far ive tried system restore. clean install , clean install and cmos reset..and I have the latest newest WHQL drivers. Still nothing..

update 2: so i flashed the gpu bios today with and still nothing..Im completely at a loss. My video card officaly deciced to become a gt9800 and wouldn't you know it. BFG is out of the video card buisness. Please if anyone has any ideas im all ears..
a c 145 U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 1:52:10 AM

what drivers are you currently? don't use the beta for win 8. get the latest WHQL
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 18, 2012 5:03:03 AM

I've noticed a lot of instability with windows 8. I had the Pro version for about an hour and went back to Win 7 Ultimate. Windows 8 isnt very optimized for the gamers yet and wont be for some time. But like renz said, beta drivers are known to cause things like that and especially with a new OS like windows 8. What you should do is download the newest WHQL, and do a clean install of the nvidia drivers. If you dont know how to clean install, its in the custom options when your going to install them.
m
l
November 28, 2012 9:06:16 PM

Sorry for the delay, Ive haven't had time due to work..Just an update so far ive tried system restore. clean install , clean install and cmos reset..and I have the latest newest WHQL drivers. Still nothing..
m
l
!