AOL via Nokia 6310i

Does anyone know whether I can use the GPRS facility of my Nokia 6310i to
connect to AOL? Windows can see the phone, and creates a modem for it, and
this can be used for dial up connections (i.e. to private networks, or
standard internet connections such as Freeserve etc), but the AOL software
does not see the Windows modem for the handset.

Has anyone managed to do this, and if so how?

Thanks,
David.
1 answer Last reply
More about nokia 6310i

    "David Aspinall" <david@woozle30.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know whether I can use the GPRS facility of my Nokia 6310i to
    > connect to AOL? Windows can see the phone, and creates a modem for it, and
    > this can be used for dial up connections (i.e. to private networks, or
    > standard internet connections such as Freeserve etc), but the AOL software
    > does not see the Windows modem for the handset.
    >
    > Has anyone managed to do this, and if so how?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > David.

    Connect using dial-up networking then configure the aol software to use IP
    passthru

Nokia AOL