AOL via Nokia 6310i

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
February 19, 2005 12:59:11 AM

Does anyone know whether I can use the GPRS facility of my Nokia 6310i to
connect to AOL? Windows can see the phone, and creates a modem for it, and
this can be used for dial up connections (i.e. to private networks, or
standard internet connections such as Freeserve etc), but the AOL software
does not see the Windows modem for the handset.

Has anyone managed to do this, and if so how?

Thanks,
David.

More about : aol nokia 6310i

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 11:02:11 PM

"David Aspinall" <david@woozle30.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone know whether I can use the GPRS facility of my Nokia 6310i to
> connect to AOL? Windows can see the phone, and creates a modem for it, and
> this can be used for dial up connections (i.e. to private networks, or
> standard internet connections such as Freeserve etc), but the AOL software
> does not see the Windows modem for the handset.
>
> Has anyone managed to do this, and if so how?
>
> Thanks,
> David.

Connect using dial-up networking then configure the aol software to use IP
passthru
!