Xfire Question need help???

I purchased an XFX 7970 Ghz edition video card and returned it but because there was a slight scratch on the housing they rejected my RMA. I of course am not very happy but fighting this issue has become worthless. So after I returned the XFX 7970 video card I turned right around and purchased the Sapphire Vapor X 7970 Ghz edition card and am very happy with it. But because I cannot successfully return the XFX video card I now own two Ghz edition cards. I am assuming you can crossfire them two cards together but just wanted to get another opinion. I am stuck with it anyways so I might as well have fun with it.
5 answers Last reply
More about xfire question help
  1. They should Xfire together just fine.
  2. Crossfiring the cards shouldn't be an issue assuming your PSU can handle it and your motherboard supports it.
  3. You can crossfire the two cards yes, assuming you have adequate power.
    Whats your motherboard? The bandwidth across the PCI-E slots may bottleneck the cards.
  4. I have a 1,000 watt PSU and the Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 MOBO. I figured it would work but was not 100% because they are from two different makers. Thank you all fr your help and replies. Much appreciated.
  5. Yep, its all good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sapphire Graphics