Solved

I need help on my gaming build

I am currently building my own gaming pc. At this point I have found all the hardware for the build and I would like to know if there is anything that I can improve upon and even if all the components will fit in the case I have chosen. Thank you ahead of time for the post I cant express to you how nervous I am my build wont work.

Processor-- Intel i3-2120 dual core.

Motherboard-- ASUS p8z77-v le

Hard Drive-- WD green 2b

Graphics Card-- ASUS GeForce gtx 550 ti

Ram-- Corsair Vegance 8gb

PSU-- Silencer mkiii series 600w atx modular

Case-- Zalman z11 plud hf1
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build
  1. Best answer
    caviar Green drive isn't good as a boot drive should go for a caviar black and you could get a radeon 7770 oc for the same price about as a gtx 550 ti if im not mistaken.
  2. ^ this pretty much sums it up

You don't need a 600W psu. If you could find some cheaper 500W like the corsair CX500, that's more than enough. Plus the extra buck could get you a GTX650ti
  3. I know this may sound stupid but I checked out the 7770 and it is amd. will it be compatable with my intel core/
  4. johntheman65 said:
    I know this may sound stupid but I checked out the 7770 and it is amd. will it be compatable with my intel core/

yes
  5. ok thanks a lot for the tip man I will for sure change it out but is my psu overkill?
  6. johntheman65 said:
    ok thanks a lot for the tip man I will for sure change it out but is my psu overkill?

The recommended psu wattage for 7770 is 430 so you could lower it to 500.
  7. Best answer selected by johntheman65.
  8. since you are taking a Z77 chipset mainboard you can get a 3rd gen i3 processor too.
    also it is a good idea to a ssd for boot drive since the wd green drive is not that fast.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Build Systems