Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Pairing

Last response: in Brands
a b α HP
February 19, 2005 2:17:22 PM

Hi

I am trying to pair my Nokia 6230 with my HP ipaq PDA.

I key the same code in both devices when asked to but I get a message on
the Nokia saying Not Paired for securiry reasons. The ipaq is O.K. and
says it has paired. Any ideas.

I have sent this query to the Nokia support (twice) over the last two weeks
but no reply. Why are they so rubbish it providing support for customers?

Would appreciate any help.

Mike..........

a b α HP
February 19, 2005 6:28:49 PM

Hi There

I had this exact problem with my 6820 (previous phone) and I had to download
a patch for my HP Ipaq 2200
so that it would work, I hadn't tried it until I saw your post, but it works
fine with my 6230, just set bt on on the phone, HP - bt manager, connect,
pair with phone, search for the phone, enter the pin, accept on phone, enter
the pin on phone and voala.

hope this bable gives you some hope of getting it to work.

Regards
T.

"Mike Adams via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am trying to pair my Nokia 6230 with my HP ipaq PDA.
>
> I key the same code in both devices when asked to but I get a message on
> the Nokia saying Not Paired for securiry reasons. The ipaq is O.K. and
> says it has paired. Any ideas.
>
> I have sent this query to the Nokia support (twice) over the last two
weeks
> but no reply. Why are they so rubbish it providing support for customers?
>
> Would appreciate any help.
>
> Mike..........

a b α HP
February 19, 2005 10:32:32 PM

Hi

Thank you for the prompt reply will go to the Hp sit to download a patch
and try it.

Mike..........

a b α HP
February 20, 2005 3:31:54 PM

Hi

Where do you find the patch?

Mike...........

a b α HP
February 20, 2005 7:12:44 PM

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:31:54 GMT, "Mike Adams via CellPhoneKB.com"
<forum@CellPhoneKB.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Where do you find the patch?
>
>Mike...........

go here:

http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDispla...

type in ipaq 'your model here'. In the list of downloads available for
your ipaq there may be a bluetooth security driver (one example is the
2210).
Anonymous
a b α HP
February 20, 2005 9:25:11 PM

Hi Mike

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us...

is the HP Bluetooth security driver update for the HP 2210/2215 but you can
find others, this is what fixed my pairing issue.

Good luck

Trev.