Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

NEED HELP upgrading my hardware cuz I'm playing CS:GO

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 15, 2012 9:18:09 PM

Hey Guys!

my PC:
Cpu: Athlon II x3 445 3.1 Ghz
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherload: M4N68T


I don't know if I should upgrade CPU or my Graphicscard?

I've just started playing CS:GO
But when I play my fps drops a lot, especially when there are lots of players at one time or lots of action at one time(shown on my screen).

I play with 800x600
with the lowest settings

and the fps is around:

100-150fps : when running around!
50fps : when I'm on a deathmatch server! or when 4+ players is attacking aroung


I would like to run with:
resolution: 1024x768
With highest settings.

with stable fps on 150 fps or highere

BTW I would like to keep the budget as low as possible!

TY for your time!
November 15, 2012 9:42:34 PM

cpu no question about it, my system maxes out cs go completely even though i have lesser gfx because my cpu is superior.

You probs don't need to upgrade... just oc
November 15, 2012 10:06:29 PM

shellls45 said:
cpu no question about it, my system maxes out cs go completely even though i have lesser gfx because my cpu is superior.

You probs don't need to upgrade... just oc


Arhhh okay thanks, but I still need to upgrade my cpu then. because I can't overclock it more than 200mhz! :/ 
Related resources
November 15, 2012 10:35:20 PM

Dreamton said:
Arhhh okay thanks, but I still need to upgrade my cpu then. because I can't overclock it more than 200mhz! :/ 


Assuming you can't use piledriver on that Mobo, I'd get something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-1045T-2-70GHz-Processo...

The 1100t isn't on your mobo support list, so who knows, but it's hard to find phenom ii x6's in stock anymore. If piledriver DOES work on your motherboard, go for a 6300 which should be more than capable of CS:GO. Although I'd think a triple core would be able to handle it too. Oh well. A 5770 is certainly enough though.
a c 85 U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 10:45:35 PM

Dreamton said:
with stable fps on 150 fps or highere
What monitor do you have? If it's a normal monitor, 150 fps is simply stupid - even if the computer can render it, a 60 hz monitor will only display 60 frames a second. Even a $400 120hz monitor can only display 120 frames a second. So... yeah. That's a pointless goal.
November 15, 2012 10:57:39 PM

DarkSable said:
What monitor do you have? If it's a normal monitor, 150 fps is simply stupid - even if the computer can render it, a 60 hz monitor will only display 60 frames a second. Even a $400 120hz monitor can only display 120 frames a second. So... yeah. That's a pointless goal.


It's the counter strike mindset. You can't ever even have the slight possibility of going below your refresh rate. :p 
a c 85 U Graphics card
November 15, 2012 11:08:12 PM

^I play that game at a solid 120fps, and never waver. I also have it capped at 125, so my computer doesn't overheat and create lag that way.

But my point is that I'm fairly certain the OP hasn't spent the money for a 120hz monitor, in which case wouldn't aiming for, say, 75fps be way better?
November 15, 2012 11:45:03 PM

DarkSable said:
^I play that game at a solid 120fps, and never waver. I also have it capped at 125, so my computer doesn't overheat and create lag that way.

But my point is that I'm fairly certain the OP hasn't spent the money for a 120hz monitor, in which case wouldn't aiming for, say, 75fps be way better?

It would. But still, the faster the better. Even my i7-2630QM (2.9 GHZ quad) hits 70% usage on all 4 cores on max settings. And I'm getting 80-110 fps. I can imagine an athlon x3 would struggle.
a c 85 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 12:43:22 AM

^That's... not really correct. It spawns from old movies. There is a HUGE difference between FPS, and almost anyone can see it. That myth has been debunked many many times, and yet it's still around. But it's wrong.
November 16, 2012 5:35:07 AM

DarkSable said:
^That's... not really correct. It spawns from old movies. There is a HUGE difference between FPS, and almost anyone can see it. That myth has been debunked many many times, and yet it's still around. But it's wrong.


DarkSable is right!

I know it sounds ridiculous, but try playing with at least 120fps even though you have a 60/75hz monitor! you with see the difference ;-) and if not play for an hour or so, then go back to your old settings.

I have a 75hz monitor, but I will get 100hz monitor soon.

But the case is that i just want over 150fps and can handle 1024x768 resolution with high settings, AND that i can play on a deathmatch server without fps drops to 50/60 fps...



but thank you for the advice :D 
November 16, 2012 5:39:20 AM

rambisco said:
Assuming you can't use piledriver on that Mobo, I'd get something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-1045T-2-70GHz-Processo...

The 1100t isn't on your mobo support list, so who knows, but it's hard to find phenom ii x6's in stock anymore. If piledriver DOES work on your motherboard, go for a 6300 which should be more than capable of CS:GO.


I don't know how to see if my motherboard supports piledriver??? :( 

but i think i will go for :
Phenom II X6 1045T
November 16, 2012 6:06:04 AM

Dreamton said:
Hey Guys!

my PC:
Cpu: Athlon II x3 445 3.1 Ghz
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherload: M4N68T


I don't know if I should upgrade CPU or my Graphicscard?

I've just started playing CS:GO
But when I play my fps drops a lot, especially when there are lots of players at one time or lots of action at one time(shown on my screen).

I play with 800x600
with the lowest settings

and the fps is around:

100-150fps : when running around!
50fps : when I'm on a deathmatch server! or when 4+ players is attacking aroung


I would like to run with:
resolution: 1024x768
With highest settings.

with stable fps on 150 fps or highere

BTW I would like to keep the budget as low as possible!

TY for your time!


Hey you can do a quick test yourself to see if it is your CPU or GPU bottlenecking. Just raise the resolution up with your current settings. If the FPS drops you need a better GPU. If FPS stays the same you need a better CPU. However, in your case you probably need both.
November 16, 2012 2:26:32 PM

Dreamton said:
I don't know how to see if my motherboard supports piledriver??? :( 

but i think i will go for :
Phenom II X6 1045T


First, do what cbag said and turn your resolution to the highest that you can and see if anything changes.

If nothing changes:

Get the best phenom ii x6 you can afford.

If the framerate gets worse:

I really don't think this is likely at all, and only do this if it cuts in half, not 70 vs 65. If your framerate drops DRAMATICALLY, get a radeon 7770 with a phenom ii x6. My friend runs CS:GO on a radeon 4650 and an i5-750 without lag, so I'm 99% sure you just need a new processor.
November 16, 2012 2:32:52 PM

Hi. I had a GTX295 which burnt out recemtly. Looking for a replacement card. Any suggestions? Something not too expensive? Asus board with AMD Phenom x 4 which card will work the best with my components?
!