I am currently running a Asus P6t SE MB, intel core i7 920, 560ti, with 6gb of ram.(just bought 16 gb of corasir vengeance for £50 though) i am very very tempted to upgrade my rig with some of my christmas money but dont know if it would be worth it.
im thinking of going for the 3770k, with the asus p8z77 v deluxe mb.
do you think it would be the time to upgrade now, or should i save my money and wait for another cycle??
haha yeah that is probably a good place to start.
The main reason is as in the past 6 months i have just started rebuilding or adding to other pcs and really want to do it to my own now.
i am currently studying architecture and a;though it can seem to run autoCAd and whatr not ok, i do notice that when drawing it does lagg abit at times. i have a feeling that could be the burrent 6gb of ram though?? not too sure.
i can just run the games i am playing but with the new games coming out i think it may struggle abit with newer titles as i have been having a problem with the 560ti lately, and have been through 3 now. (amazon has said they will give me a full refund and 10% discount on my next card if the same happens again....which it may....)
so i would probably end up getting a 660ti too.
The main reason is just that it is 5 years old now, still running ok but i am addicted to the whole idea of rebuilding and upgrading and was wondering if it would be worth going ahead with these parts?
What are your full system specs (include make and model of PSU)? And what was the 560ti doing that you had to replace it 3 times? I can see one going bad, but 2 or 3..I would suspect something else (PSU?) may be an issue for you. So putting in another/different card may just destroy another good card. The processor you have is still pretty good.
ah sorry, they are
Asus p6T se MB, Intel core i7 920, 560ti, powercool pc750Auba psu, 6 gb corsair tr3x6g1600c9, (im guessing that wont be compatible with my new corsair vengeance ram i just bought?) and a 240gb corsair force 3 ssd and 2 TB barracuda.
Although i am fairly sure it isnt a problem with the PSU, as the first gpu that broke came faulty, the second the fan broke within 2 weeks of having it, and then the third again was faulty when it came. hence them being so happy to refund and give me a discount on my next purchase. (i really cant fault amazon).
yeah i am thinking i may upgrade the graphics card as it should cost much if i get a refund on this one. and now that i have 16gb of ram instead of 6 maybe i should overclock the cpu, as it isnt overclocked at all, and i have heard the 920 is prity stable!?
what do you think??....thanks for the help btw.
I am trying to keep the upgrade under £500 if possible as i already have the RAM and GPU currently. and if you think the PSU is ok i would keep that too.
just abit unsure if it is worth going for it now or if there is still some time left in my system if i upgrade other parts. GPU and RAM?
it was just for my gamepad. yeah i quite liked the odea of it being part of the board so i dont have loads of things sticking in it.....purely aesthetics. lol.
i have been meaning to buy a wireless card for aaages actually. i currently have a usb adapter but its not great and again it annoyins me having this thing sticking out of the case.
ive overclocked the cpu abit now and autoCAD is running abit smoother, but it wont overclock over 3ghz for some reason. keeps failing and i cant work out why.? i followed the bit tech guide.
hopefully the 16gb of ram will make abit of a difference over the current 6gb.
not sure what i should do with the old ram though. guessing i couldnt have both installed?
just keep it laying by maybe??
i think the main reason i want to upgrade is just because its unbelievably fun building the system. haha.