Sign in with
Your question

Just bought a new video card, having trouble with power supply.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2012 12:53:44 AM

These are my power supply and video card.

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100358VXL Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Antec NeoPower 550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

In my ignorance I did not realize that newer video cards must plug directly into the power supply. I've had this power supply for a few years and if it ever had more than one PCI-E cord it no longer does. The video card came with a that has a 6 prong on one side and I believe it's called a Molex? on the other. The 6 prong plugs into the video card, but there's no where on my power supply for a molex to connect. It would seem I'd need a cord with a six prong on each side. Any ideas? I'd really prefer not to buy a new power supply unless I need to.

Sorry if I'm confusing or not explaining things well. I'm not really computer literate.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 17, 2012 3:08:02 AM

It looks like it will work, but I am not an expert
m
l
December 11, 2013 11:35:44 PM

Yeah, the things you explained were bit confusing. It is ok if you have already bought something new or you have repaired the old one itself. But I can tell you some things about it.

PSU should be durable, robust and completely field serviceable. It's steady state output parameters should also be considered while choosing a new one.

Just go through http://www.staticon.ca/category/industrial-dc-power-pro... which will help you a lot more in this.
m
l
!