Just bought a new video card, having trouble with power supply.

These are my power supply and video card.

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100358VXL Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Antec NeoPower 550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

In my ignorance I did not realize that newer video cards must plug directly into the power supply. I've had this power supply for a few years and if it ever had more than one PCI-E cord it no longer does. The video card came with a that has a 6 prong on one side and I believe it's called a Molex? on the other. The 6 prong plugs into the video card, but there's no where on my power supply for a molex to connect. It would seem I'd need a cord with a six prong on each side. Any ideas? I'd really prefer not to buy a new power supply unless I need to.

Sorry if I'm confusing or not explaining things well. I'm not really computer literate.
4 answers Last reply
More about just bought video card trouble power supply
  1. It looks like it will work, but I am not an expert
  2. Yeah, the things you explained were bit confusing. It is ok if you have already bought something new or you have repaired the old one itself. But I can tell you some things about it.

PSU should be durable, robust and completely field serviceable. It's steady state output parameters should also be considered while choosing a new one.

Just go through http://www.staticon.ca/category/industrial-dc-power-products which will help you a lot more in this.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Power Supplies Graphics Cards Graphics Product