Build Parts Question

I am looking for some input. I Currently have an I5Ivy and a Z77 motherboard along with a coolermaster case. I had some ideas about what to finish the build with earlyer this year but never got the money gathered up to buy it all. Looking what people think i should do for spacificly Power supply, Hard Drive, and GPS. My budget for these 3 items is about 400$. Im building this computer to be a good gaming computer along with an every day computer for my wife and i. Thanks for any imput.
4 answers Last reply
More about build parts question
  1. What are the rest of your specs? RAM? Exact motherboard model?
  2. It's an ASUS z77 extreme. It's dual channel. I'm out ATM so I can't check if its 1333 or 1600. I think 1600. Other then that let me know if I can give you more info.
  3. The PSU is a little beefy but will come in handy if you plan to add another 7870 GPU for CrossFire later

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($250.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W ATX12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $390.96
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-31 15:20 EST-0500)
  4. Thanks for the help. That's along the lines I was thinking too as far as the HD and GPS where concerned. I like the idea of the beefy power supply too because I do plan to add another card eventually. Thank you.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computer Systems Product