Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any room for improvements in this build

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
December 31, 2012 5:12:06 PM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/va3F
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/va3F/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/va3F/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($339.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($65.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $799.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-31 12:45 EST-0500)

Notes:
regular 2 fans Mid Tower available at home, Not interested in SLi never ever ever. will OC CPU and GPU, SSD will be 1st drive in later upgrade and current HDD will be 2nd,why? to lower the cost and get better GPU,I can live without SSD now. Will play at Full HD 1080p on 24" as high settings as possible. Will upgrade to next gen mid/high tire single card ATi/Nvidia in mid/late 2013.

I play everything and I'm an eye-candy whore.

Any recommendation to make it future proof, The hardest choices were mobo and PSU basicly cause Im cluseless.
How can I make this a better PC around the same budget.

EDIT: Purchase date this week.

EDIT2: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler $29.98 @amazon

More about : room improvements build

December 31, 2012 5:35:16 PM

Quote:
I play everything and I'm an eye-candy whore.


Then I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to add a second GPU later on. The next generation isn't going to be a major change in architecture like the current generation is - only minor improvements.

That build looks good but get a different power supply, I'd suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And for the motherboard I'd suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
December 31, 2012 5:54:46 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Quote:
I play everything and I'm an eye-candy whore.


Then I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to add a second GPU later on. The next generation isn't going to be a major change in architecture like the current generation is - only minor improvements.

That build looks good but get a different power supply, I'd suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And for the motherboard I'd suggest this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


The boards are filled with problems relating to SLi and Crossfire configuration, Ranging from stuttering to screen flickering to games not utilizing it fully to drivers issues, you name it and someone has experienced it. It sounds like a hit or miss ATM. :/ 

As for the PSU I heard a lot about SeaSonic I'll just go for it.

The motherboard you suggested to my inexperienced eye look the same except for UEFI Bios, Is it worth the $40 to have that?
I did some research before and it seems like it makes the booting faster, Im not sure if thats the only benefit.

I'll look more into it, Thanks a lot!
m
0
l
Related resources
December 31, 2012 6:02:22 PM

Quote:
The boards are filled with problems relating to SLi and Crossfire configuration, Ranging from stuttering to screen flickering to games not utilizing it fully to drivers issues, you name it and someone has experienced it. It sounds like a hit or miss ATM. :/ 


I run Crossfire on my setup and I haven't really experienced anything like this. This board I linked to is a new board, I couldn't find any information on it.

Quote:
As for the PSU I heard a lot about SeaSonic I'll just go for it.


Yeah they're a good brand, I have the 430W version of that power supply and it works great.

Quote:
The motherboard you suggested to my inexperienced eye look the same except for UEFI Bios, Is it worth the $40 to have that?


The Asrock Extreme 4 has UEFI BIOS as well and it's only a $10 difference maybe get that one instead.
m
0
l
December 31, 2012 6:21:23 PM

g-unit1111 said:


I run Crossfire on my setup and I haven't really experienced anything like this. This board I linked to is a new board, I couldn't find any information on it.


Quote:

The next generation isn't going to be a major change in architecture like the current generation is - only minor improvements.



Are you implying that GTX 670 SLi or 7950 CF will be better or on par with next gen single card ?
I might change the motherboard for that statment alone if its true.
m
0
l
!