Sign in with
Your question

My Graphic card is very HOOOOOOT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2012 4:02:25 AM

i'm actually newbie here so i dont know to much bout PC, so my problem here is that every times i launch game likes Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and come old games at MAX SETTING, My graphic card's temperature always above 95 degrees Celsius, even sometimes it can reach 102 degrees Celsius. i played using 1366x768 res. dont worry bout Fans, i have 4 fans, 1 front, 2 right, and 1 back, (i'm sorry my english's bad).

Is it because my Graphic Card is bottleneck ?

My spec :
Processor : AMD Athlon II X3 455
VGA : Nvidia GTX 560 TI
Mobo : ESC A880GM-AM3
RAM : DDR3 4 Gb run at 667

Please help me, i cant play game seriously if my Graphic card so hottt !

More about : graphic card hoooooot

a b Î Nvidia
a c 144 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 4:05:52 AM

did you use auto fan profile or manually set the fan speed for your gpu?
November 16, 2012 4:10:33 AM

i already try both of them but no luck, it still too hot for playing games, what should i do ?
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 144 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 4:21:37 AM

maybe your fan are faulty. when the gpu gets too hot normally the fan will spin faster and normally it can be heard if you were close enough to it. or you can manually increase the fan speed and try to heard the noise. if there is none that's a sign the fan is dying (because it can spin much faster). btw have you check the heat sink for dust?
November 16, 2012 4:30:02 AM

yes my fans are clean, i clean it every week, i just bought my GPU 2 months ago and before that, im using Radeon HD 6570 and it was never goes above 70 degrees Celsius while playing games,
i think my CPU to week to handle GTX 560 Ti, Right ?
a b Î Nvidia
a c 144 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 4:54:49 AM

might be a bit weak but it does not make your gpu overheating
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 5:09:15 AM

And i don't read lol.

But I want to say that the cooler detached from the gpu... he should first take the cooler off and reapply thermal paste and reattach it... then if that doesn't help, then it's something that needs replacing probably.
November 16, 2012 5:34:40 AM

You could consider returning your card if you don't want to start pulling it apart and risk losing the warrenty. If it's only 2 months old.
November 16, 2012 5:39:15 AM

how about if i upgrade my CPU to Intel Core@i5 3570K, is there any chance my GPU run normally ?
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 6:10:19 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
how about if i upgrade my CPU to Intel Core@i5 3570K, is there any chance my GPU run normally ?

nope. it's a gpu problem... not a cpu problem...
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 6:19:06 AM

What ever you do, do not take it apart, especially if the warranty is still intact. Especially since its only two months old and we don't even know if thats the main issue. You could take it apart and put it back together and still have same issues.

I would recommend to use that warranty of yours and get a new one.
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 7:38:55 AM

What is your power supply...?
Since weak and bad power supply can cause excessive heat to gpu..
November 16, 2012 7:48:22 AM

Quaddro said:

My PSU is Simbadda 530 W, is it good ?
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 7:48:27 AM

Quaddro said:

Really?! Never ever heard of that...
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 7:57:36 AM

Maybe you should reapply thermal pate to the GPU. Its the first thing i do when i get a GPU myself.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 8:00:42 AM

What size fans do you have on your case are the 120mm, 200mm, 80mm. I'm trying to get a picture of the issue here. I had a similar issue with a Corsair 600T was really squeezing air on my two 560ti's at the time and I was getting near 90 C.

Also, it could be the power supply. The 12V rail on your card only has a total of 31 amps. I would perhaps look into getting something of better quality. Maybe a Corsair TX series power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
November 16, 2012 8:11:01 AM

cats_Paw said:
Maybe you should reapply thermal pate to the GPU. Its the first thing i do when i get a GPU myself.

I think if i reapply thermal paste, it will make my warranty break, any other advice ?
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 8:12:11 AM

I would check with the manufacture before doing so just to be safe some companies are okay with you disassembling the card.
November 16, 2012 8:18:22 AM

bigshootr8 said:
What size fans do you have on your case are the 120mm, 200mm, 80mm. I'm trying to get a picture of the issue here. I had a similar issue with a Corsair 600T was really squeezing air on my two 560ti's at the time and I was getting near 90 C.

Also, it could be the power supply. The 12V rail on your card only has a total of 31 amps. I would perhaps look into getting something of better quality. Maybe a Corsair TX series power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i have 120mm on back, 2 200mm on right and 80mm on front, i even try opened my chasing but no luck,

this problem started since i bought my new GPU card, :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 
November 16, 2012 8:28:07 AM

It could be a faulty card you should contact the manufacturer and get a replacement for it.
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 8:29:59 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
My PSU is Simbadda 530 W, is it good ?

WTF....
Simbadda..??
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

AFAIK, this psu (simbadda) only sold in Indonesia
Man, this is the worst psu ever sold..
Even in the local forum curse this psu..
this psu designed ONLY for Pentium 4 class..

Get better psu..
Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W is very good option..

rene13cross said:
Really?! Never ever heard of that...

Then you'll have to try it..:D 
Bad psu with no protection and horrible ripple and rail will make your gpu hotter than usual..
November 16, 2012 8:41:32 AM

add more fan
November 16, 2012 8:47:08 AM

Quaddro said:
WTF....
Simbadda..??
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

AFAIK, this psu (simbadda) only sold in Indonesia
Man, this is the worst psu ever sold..
Even in the local forum curse this psu..
this psu designed ONLY for Pentium 4 class..

Get better psu..
Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W is very good option..

Then you'll have to try it..:D 
Bad psu with no protection and horrible ripple and rail will make your gpu hotter than usual..

ahahah, is Simbadda really that crap, LOL :D  :D  :D 

by the way, how much you believe that my PSU should really replaced, 80% ??? is it not because my CPU's weak ?
i though my GPU's so hot caused by a weak GPU, if i'm right, i would buy new one like i5 3570K,
November 16, 2012 8:48:39 AM

asdfaf said:
add more fan

i think 4 fans more than enough, :p 
November 16, 2012 8:57:26 AM

Well, it's always nice to upgrade your CPU, but if it won't fix your heating issues then i'd place my money in a new PSU instead and get an i5 3570k later on.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 8:58:43 AM

Yea I would as others have said +1 on the new psu and please please get a decent one :) 

EDIT: Maybe also get some cable ties and tidy up a little if you haven't already every little bit counts.
November 16, 2012 9:02:18 AM

jarlsuki said:
Well, it's always nice to upgrade your CPU, but if it won't fix your heating issues then i'd place my money in a new PSU instead and get an i5 3570k later on.

what would you recommed for good PSU and PSU should not above 550W cuz i dont have enough energy in my house, :kaola:  :kaola:  :kaola: 
November 16, 2012 9:04:36 AM

bigshootr8 said:
Yea I would as others have said +1 on the new psu and please please get a decent one :) 

EDIT: Maybe also get some cable ties and tidy up a little if you haven't already every little bit counts.

is Good PSU that important bro ?
Yes, i already have cable ties
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:05:48 AM

Well just because you have a higher wattage psu doesn't mean that you are running that amount of power. Think of it more like a gas tank. The more you have the more you can use. If you speed you will end up using more :p 
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:08:03 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
ahahah, is Simbadda really that crap, LOL :D  :D  :D 

by the way, how much you believe that my PSU should really replaced, 80% ??? is it not because my CPU's weak ?
i though my GPU's so hot caused by a weak GPU, if i'm right, i would buy new one like i5 3570K,

i believe 100% that you MUST replace your PSU..

Have you ever heard kaskus, indonesian local forum..?
Local review has prove that simbadda psu only could deliver HALF of labeled wattage..more than that, it will fail in the ripple and give you horrible rail since it has no protection at all..

your cpu is good enough, maybe it's give you slightly bottleneck, but it's still a decent cpu..(it's much better if you can unlock the 4th core)
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:08:29 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
is Good PSU that important bro ?
Yes, i already have cable ties

Yes a power supply is probably the one component you should probably make sure you get right in terms of quality and performance. You should never go cheap on the power supply.
November 16, 2012 9:20:09 AM

Quaddro said:
i believe 100% that you MUST replace your PSU..

Have you ever heard kaskus, indonesian local forum..?
Local review has prove that simbadda psu only could deliver HALF of labeled wattage..more than that, it will fail in the ripple and give you horrible rail since it has no protection at all..

your cpu is good enough, maybe it's give you slightly bottleneck, but it's still a decent cpu..(it's much better if you can unlock the 4th core)

but you know, my GPU run normally around 48 Degree Celsius if i just editting video or just watch movies, strange right? if your theory was right then my GPU should overheat even just watching movies !
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:23:45 AM

movies don't draw much in terms of resources. I'll toms 670gtx example

and here is a gaming example

a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:25:56 AM

Basically what hes trying to tell you is this is that your power supply isn't very efficient its like a bag full of money with a hole in it. It once had the money in it but it loses it and you are left with a product that is performing far less then what the power supply is saying.
November 16, 2012 9:35:00 AM

ooh Thanks, give me an advice guys, whats good PSU for today but not above 550W ?
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:36:50 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
but you know, my GPU run normally around 48 Degree Celsius if i just editting video or just watch movies, strange right? if your theory was right then my GPU should overheat even just watching movies !

when your do your video editing task or watching movie, your vga just work in slow speed, it just consume small power..
But in gaming mode, your vga work in full mode, and consume almost 200 watt of electricity (more than 300 watt for the whole system)..

in this time your psu cannot meet the power requirement of your vga and system..

and i agree with mr bigshootr8 answer..
bigshootr8 said:
movies don't draw much in terms of resources. I'll toms 670gtx example

a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 9:44:04 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
ooh Thanks, give me an advice guys, whats good PSU for today but not above 550W ?

Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W is a decent psu with reasonable price.. :) 
November 16, 2012 9:59:15 AM

And after changing your PSU you may also get a performance increase since your GPU can draw the power it needs without getting to hot.
Worst case scenario you end up with a reliable PSU and you can just return your GPU and get a new one. Atleast you would get an answer for this issue.
November 16, 2012 10:11:19 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH guys, you're all my Knights,..!!
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 10:20:51 AM

I don't think he needs to pay for the Seasonic premium price. I honestly think a CX500 would suit him better.
November 16, 2012 10:24:26 AM

I actually used a CX500 with a 560Ti (EVGA SC) card for quite a while and never had any problems with it. Card was nice and cool and was performing as it should
November 16, 2012 11:23:00 AM

Ricki_Daybreaker said:
i think 4 fans more than enough, :p 

no
November 16, 2012 11:46:17 AM

I doubt the answer to his problem is to just add a fan to his case.
The increase in his GPU Temp is to high for it. If he was lacking fans and had a big mess of cables and dust inside his case and inside his GPU it could be it, but as i understand it his computer has been cleaned and he has control over his cables.
More of his components would have heating issues if that was it.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 133 U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 5:29:24 PM

Yea its probably not the issue his power supply should help with the temps and if the temps persist he can always exchange the card or rma it. agreed.
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2012 5:45:27 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Yea its probably not the issue his power supply should help with the temps and if the temps persist he can always exchange the card or rma it. agreed.

yeah..
the biggest possibility if the problem persist is that card is already get damage because of bad psu..

Maybe he still have to rma his card..

but the problem will not happen again..
!