Shop with CANON Equipment in TAMPA, FL ?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 20, 2005 1:58:36 PM

Hi,
I'll be for a few days in the US and would like to get a lens and maybe a
flash. Mail ordering is out of question since the postage overseas is just
prohibitive expensive. I m looking for a location where I can walkin and by
CANON equipment for a resonable price. Must be in Tampa FL. A google was not
helpful :-(
Any hint ?
Thanks.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:31:59 PM

In article <42b6772f$0$313$4d4ef98e@read.news.ch.uu.net>, "Rob"
<xxxxger@XXXXXsurf.ch> wrote:

> I'll be for a few days in the US and would like to get a lens and maybe a
> flash. Mail ordering is out of question since the postage overseas is just
> prohibitive expensive. I m looking for a location where I can walkin and by
> CANON equipment for a resonable price. Must be in Tampa FL.

Bob-

Mark's suggestion about North Tampa Photography, is probably the best
place. A couple other good stores in the area have closed recently. I
think it is the result of not keeping up with digital photography!

If you can venture away, there is a shop in Auburndale off of Interstate 4
about half an hour from Tampa. It is Marshall's Camera. See
http://marshallscamera.com/.

If you get to Orlando, there is Colonial Photo and Hobby. It is on Mills, a
half block south of Colonial, which is State Road 50. See
http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/.

Fred
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:48:37 PM

> I'll be for a few days in the US and would like to get a lens and maybe a
> flash. Mail ordering is out of question since the postage overseas is just
> prohibitive expensive. I m looking for a location where I can walkin and
by
> CANON equipment for a resonable price. Must be in Tampa FL. A google was
not
> helpful :-(

Hi Rob,

Check out North Tampa Photography on Bush Blvd.
1020 W Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 935-9339

Ritz Camera in both Westshore Mall and International Plaza.

And there's a smaller store on Kennedy Blvd that I can't remember the name..
It's bright yellow and has a Kodak sign out front. It's east of Dale
Maybre.

Ah, found that one..
Sams Golden Triangle 60 Minute Portraits
3401 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609
(813) 286-8596

Best Buy also carries some mid grade equipment.

If you happen to be around St. Pete..
Southern Photo Technical Service Inc
Expert Photographic and Video Repairs.
1750 9th Ave N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33713
(727) 896-6141
Email: spts@tampabay.rr.com

I've dealt with every shop on this list and have had good luck everywhere
but Sams Golden Triangle - they have stuff there, but the staff is a little
obtuse.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay in Sunny Florida. :)

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 11:52:36 PM

"Fred McKenzie" wrote

Thanks for the links Fred. It's getting pretty hard to find a store
dedicated to photography around here.

> If you can venture away, there is a shop in Auburndale off of Interstate 4
> about half an hour from Tampa. It is Marshall's Camera. See
> http://marshallscamera.com/.

That place looks pretty big from the photos. I'll have to pop in next time
I'm driving across the state.

> http://www.colonialphotohobby.com/.

Also looks big. N. Tampa Photography is quite small by comparison, but they
have a decent selection - new and used. The staff is a little introverted
IMHO, but generally friendly and they can be quite helpful once they get to
know you. :)

I'm moving to Clearwater Beach in the next week. Do you know of any stores
over there? I guess I'll be looking for a new lab too.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 3:06:25 AM

In article <88Fte.151465$w15.150820@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>, "Mr. Mark"
<e.cartman@southpark.com> wrote:

> I'm moving to Clearwater Beach in the next week. Do you know of any stores
> over there? I guess I'll be looking for a new lab too.

Mark-

I'm not that familiar with Clearwater, but expect there will be a Ritz in
the Mall.

There was a store in Largo where I bought a camera several years back. I
recently heard that the owner had closed up shop and moved out of state.
There seem to be fewer and fewer stores like North Tampa Photography
around.

Fred
June 21, 2005 11:56:48 AM

Thanks everyone !
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 6:13:24 PM

> There was a store in Largo where I bought a camera several years back. I
> recently heard that the owner had closed up shop and moved out of state.
> There seem to be fewer and fewer stores like North Tampa Photography
> around.

I think once I get settled in I'll make a list and post it on my web site.

My girlfriend is familiar with the store in Largo that you mentioned. It's
sad to me that large retailers like Best Buy and Walmart are taking over the
industry. They call them discount retailers, but their prices are no better
than the small shops. And god help the customer if he has a technical
question about a product.

Oh well... time marches on.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 10:05:32 PM

> Thanks everyone !

No problem. Please share the photos you take while you're here. :)

Cheers!

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 3:25:21 PM

In article <8gVte.150809$IO.146314@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>, "Mr. Mark"
<e.cartman@southpark.com> wrote:

> I think once I get settled in I'll make a list and post it on my web site.

Mark-

On my way through Tampa Wednesday, I stopped by the Ritz store in the
International Plaza Mall. According to a clerk there, the Ritz at
Clearwater's Countryside Mall has the best stock of any in the area.

He also mentioned another camera store located in Palm Harbor, north of
Clearwater. According to their web site (www.lakeshorecamera.com), it is:

Lakeshore Camera Exchange
36637 US Hwy 19 N
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
(727) 938-6594

He said they had some used equipment as well as new.

Fred
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 7:40:47 PM

> On my way through Tampa Wednesday, I stopped by the Ritz store in the
> International Plaza Mall. According to a clerk there, the Ritz at
> Clearwater's Countryside Mall has the best stock of any in the area.
>
> He also mentioned another camera store located in Palm Harbor, north of
> Clearwater. According to their web site (www.lakeshorecamera.com), it is:
>
> Lakeshore Camera Exchange
> 36637 US Hwy 19 N
> Palm Harbor, FL 34684
> (727) 938-6594
>
> He said they had some used equipment as well as new.

Thank you very much, Fred. I'll check these locations out this weekend -
god knows I'll need a break from packing.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com