Solved

My build advice to lower price

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vcfI

I want to lower the price of this build. I basically want the PC for gaming only. Is the GPU overkill from the rest of my build.
What can i remove for the lower price?
Do i need a sound card? (sorry if that's a stupid q)
I want the price close to $1000.
I also don't know if i want to overclock, but i put in the cooler anyways.
Thanks.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build advice lower price
  1. good build couple issues

    CPU is a non-"K" type which means you wont be able to OverClock but you picked the Z77 Motherboard which is used to OC. Switch CPU to a K type or get a B75 or H77 (if you do this drop the CPU Cooler as well u wont need it if your not OCing as well)

    Also u wont need a Motherboard that is over $100 if u switch to the H75 or H77 a cheaper one will do. Thats one way to save money

    Another way is to reduce GPU to a 7870 this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605

    and the 7870 $200 less than the one u picked and will be a little slower than a 7950
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/372
  2. Emelth said:
    good build couple issues

    CPU is a non-"K" type which means you wont be able to OverClock but you picked the Z77 Motherboard which is used to OC. Switch CPU to a K type or get a B75 or H77 (if you do this drop the CPU Cooler as well u wont need it if your not OCing as well)

    Also u wont need a Motherboard that is over $100 if u switch to the H75 or H77 a cheaper one will do. Thats one way to save money

    Another way is to reduce GPU to a 7870 this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150605

    and the 7870 $200 less than the one u picked and will be a little slower than a 7950
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/372

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vfDm
    i changed some stuff, how is it now?
  3. looks good

    Most people dont need 2TB in their PC (however if your like me and download moives I understand but I use an external HDD for all of my movies and TVshows) Take down to a 1TB and put more money towards a better case
  4. Emelth said:
    looks good

    Most people dont need 2TB in their PC (however if your like me and download moives I understand but I use an external HDD for all of my movies and TVshows) Take down to a 1TB and put more money towards a better case

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vjyk
    The latest update, is the case in need for the update i'd rather just save the money.
  5. For your build you reduced your HDD I see but in return i found one for almost $10 more and is a 1TB its worth the cost if you ask me

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003

    the only thing u can really do now is either reduce the CPU/Mobo or reduce the GPU but I would advise you try and get it as is with the HDD i said earlier
  6. Emelth said:
    For your build you reduced your HDD I see but in return i found one for almost $10 more and is a 1TB its worth the cost if you ask me

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003

    the only thing u can really do now is either reduce the CPU/Mobo or reduce the GPU but I would advise you try and get it as is with the HDD i said earlier

    Thanks so much! one more question.. everything is balance correctly, i don't have a too strong gpu for my cpu/mobo for example.
    This build should last me a good three years?
  7. Best answer
    yep nice and balanced
  8. Best answer selected by ahaider129.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Sound Cards Systems Product