Will these computer parts work together?

This is going to be the first PC I have ever built so I need all the help I can get. I plan on ordering all these parts of Newegg and this build has hit my limit in terms of budget. Thanks


Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner, Bulk Package Black SATA Model AD-7280S-0B - OEM

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Western Digital WD Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers

GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
BX80637I53570K

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2
26 answers Last reply
More about will computer parts work together
  1. Go with a Radeon 7870GHz Edition instead of a reference 660, otherwise everything else looks good.
  2. g-unit1111 said:
    Go with a Radeon 7870GHz Edition instead of a reference 660, otherwise everything else looks good.


    which one specifically?
  3. angaddev said:


    I will mostly be playing bf3. Do you think the 7870 is better than the 660? Can you give me average fps on ultra for bf3 on both cards? thanks
  4. 660 : 25-35
    7870 : 50-60
  5. angaddev said:
    660 : 25-35
    7870 : 50-60


    I have another problem. If I need help putting together my pc, who could help me physically/verbally?
  6. expressway2hell said:
    I will mostly be playing bf3. Do you think the 7870 is better than the 660? Can you give me average fps on ultra for bf3 on both cards? thanks


    battlefield3 works better with nvidia cards. i would look at the 660ti for $240 after MIR.

    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127711

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/5.html


    if you need help putting it together look at the article from techreport. they have a 40 minute video that goes step by step. after watching that you should be able to do it without any problems

    http://techreport.com/review/23624/how-to-build-a-pc-the-tech-report-guide
  7. in the first video he puts the mb on the anti-static bag. isn't that like the first basic thing not to do? watch the techreport video its much better.
  8. no you always put the mobo on the anti-static bag to prevent static electricity...
  9. ^... but never power it on with the static bag because the bag is conductive :D
  10. so do you all agree for the price an xfx core hd 7870 will always beat a gigabyte/msi/whatever oc 660?
  11. the newest nvidia driver that were released a couple weeks ago says "Up to 10% in Battlefield 3" for the 660 so no i don't agree. they are both similar get the cheaper one. but not the card with a reference blower. i personally would get the 660ti for $240 after MIR which outperforms both significantly.

    just look through the article below and you can compare the numbers yourself. just remember nvidia just released new drivers and the numbers always change.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/5.html
  12. expressway2hell said:
    so do you all agree for the price an xfx core hd 7870 will always beat a gigabyte/msi/whatever oc 660?


    Only on a couple of games (Battlefield 3 for instance) does the 660 come out on top, but everything else it's about neck and neck: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/548?vs=660
  13. yes. 660 has been a big flop because the 7870 pwns it :)
  14. and for less money.
  15. actually the 660 is generally cheaper. and only with amd last catalyst update did the 7870 become barely faster. with the latest nvidia drivers its probably not anymore. so wrong and wrong.

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/23.html
  16. for battlefield 3^ (note that i dont care about the free copy of AC3)
  17. Watch this it's more detailed and better then newegg tutorial imo http://pcwizkidstechtalk.com/index.php/buildapc.html
  18. bigcyco1 said:
    Watch this it's more detailed and better then newegg tutorial imo http://pcwizkidstechtalk.com/index.php/buildapc.html


    i haven't watched those but i doubt they are better then the video from the tech report article. its so good they could probably charge people for it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_bs5G1yYU

    edit: it quickly skimmed the first video and its not even a fair comparison.
  19. jonjonjon said:
    i haven't watched those but i doubt they are better then the video from the tech report article. its so good they could probably charge people for it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_bs5G1yYU

    edit: it quickly skimmed the first video and its not even a fair comparison.
    :na: :lol: I am looking at it now thanks for link i think the one i posted is way better then neweggs it skips to many parts.
  20. yea i agree i watched the newegg ones and they are bad. i actually watched the whole 50 minutes of the techreport video. they also have a full blown article with it.

    http://techreport.com/review/23624/how-to-build-a-pc-the-tech-report-guide
  21. jonjonjon said:
    yea i agree i watched the newegg ones and they are bad. i actually watched the whole 50 minutes of the techreport video. they also have a full blown article with it.

    http://techreport.com/review/23624/how-to-build-a-pc-the-tech-report-guide
    Yes this is much better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea_bs5G1yYU i watched only half of it but i can tell it's better then the one i posted :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product