TV Card with Sound

G

Hi,

Does anyone know of a capture card that has sound circuitry embeded and dispenses the need for a separate sound card.
I need to do TV capture on a Dell Server that has only one available slot and no sound card onboard...

I'm kind of desperate...

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
i think you has already searched among pinnacle, matrox, ati capture card products.
there are also Hauppauge, Siemens, Terratec, Technisat, Lifeview brands but i don't know if they have capture cards.

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy. :cool:

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
To my knowledge, no capture card has sound editing cabablities (at least not analog devices) All of them use the soundcard to pass through sound to the speakers and other systems. But you are not completly out of luck as most capture systems do include USB versions. If you have USB on your machine you can pickup one, then buy a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy with fire-wire hookups and you will be able to get the best of all worlds. Also, If you intend to do a lot of editing and capture, I would suggest the ATI AIW Radeon. Couple this with the soundcard above and you will be able to do almost any video editing/capturing out there. Also, make sure that you have a lot of HD space, decent processing power (1 GHZ or more) and at least 256 MB of memory. The OS of choice is Windows 2000 or, within a few months, XP. They are both more stable and allow larger file sizes and more memory.

If it works for you then don't fix it.