Sign in with
Your question

Help with a $450 budget build

Last response: in Systems
January 1, 2013 1:33:17 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: Near future (Late january)

Budget Range: $400- $450

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming.... Other Internet stuff/youtube etc....

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts you do not need: Optical drive, OS, I could possibly recycle a 300gb HDD, video card my (7750)

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Amazon, NCIX

Parts Preferences: Intel i5

Overclocking: Absolute No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

I already bought my 7750 a few monthes back so it's still good and does the job, if I do not need a video card will be able to squeeze in the SSD i have listed, I have listed the i5 3350p because its cheaper and I already have 2 spare video cards in case something happens to my 7750. And one last question do i need anything special to have a 120gb ssd and a 300gb hard drive in together.

and how much is the difference of performance between the i5 3350p and i5 3470 if the only thing i am doing is playing games and is it worth it for $20 cheaper. The reason I went with the i5 was because as of right now I am rather CPU bottlenecked by quite a bit ( powercolor 7750 with an old amd athlon x2 255) and I don't want to be CPU bottlenecked anytime soon.

So far I have picked these parts already and was wondering what you all think of it, any advice on what i should change, and will a 500w be enough for later even if i upgrade my 7750 to a more powerful card.

so here is the build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vePZ

More about : 450 budget build

a b B Homebuilt system
January 1, 2013 1:42:22 AM

Looks good to me i do not know about that ssd though i would suggest Crucial M4 or SAMSUNG 830
m
l
January 1, 2013 1:45:24 AM

Since you are not planning to over clock (P type processor) why not save 70 bucks and go with an i3 3220? You shouldn’t notice any difference, really.

The rest really looks good.

Be warned that the NZXT cases have proprietary fan sizes. You need to buy NZXT fans for an NZXT case.

Make sure to pick up a 1tb Seagate (or whatever brand you like) for use until you get the SSD.
m
l
January 1, 2013 2:04:39 AM

@Groundrat I was reading and the P type processors are without integrated GPU's and that seeing i don't need a IGPU i figured worth it for $20 cheaper, and you say I wouldn't notice a difference with a i5 3350p and the i3 3220?

@bigcyco1 I chose this SSD because its 120gb, SATA III, and only $88 seemed good to me for the price and it was rated good on newegg.
m
l
!