Monitor Resolution of Startup

AndrewK1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hey guys. I have a quick question that I'm hoping you could help with. I just bought a new widescreen monitor (link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236079&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_- ) and it is a great monitor but there is a problem. On startup, it reverts back to 1280x1024 resolution. That was the resolution for my old monitor. I use the IGP on my 2500K and the OS is Windows 7. Does anyone have any idea of how I can get it to start up at 1920x1080 so I dont have to manually do it every time I start it up? Thanks in advance!

AndrewK1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I didn't realize that there are drivers for monitors! I thought they were just plug and play. How would I uninstall the old driver. I should be able to install the new one easily since I do have the CD that came with the monitor. I just don't know where the old one would be to uninstall

If there was one for your old monitor it would appear in device manager under the name of your monitor. Most are plug and play but many older ones had drivers.

AndrewK1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

If I uninstall that driver, will the monitor that I currently have still work if it's plug and play?

AndrewK1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I don't have drivers on the CD that came with it. The CD only has the user's manual. And If I try to do the automatic update where windows searches the internet for it, it doesn't find it. And I thought that was the old one since it was dated in 2006.

AndrewK1

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Restored to before it. Didn't change anything. Do you think just reinstalling Windows would work? I can back up all my files. The only thing I store on my computer is music and a few video games. I can back the music up easily and redownload the games. Would clearing the hard drive fix this problem?

Edit: So I was talking to my tech savvy brother before I did this and he told me not to. He's coming home from university next week for Thanksgiving holiday so I will have him help me try to figure it out. Thank you for all the help though. Just hope to be able to solve this when it's all said and done.

Edit 2: In regard to the post below this, that is what I will do if my brother cannot help.

TRENDING THREADS