Hd 7950m or hd 7970m gpu
Full hd
USB 3 and Sata 3
Dvi or hdmi port

What I don't want
A expensive CPU anything that won't bottleneck my GPU
High ram
High Storage capacity
A operating system, just want a formatted hard drive.

Budget $1200 - $1300

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
don't do it, there is still no form factor to match motherboards, cases, and fans. order a $1000-1100 gaming laptop and get a solid state drive. go for 8gb with amd A10 trinity apu. it's reasonably priced with the best integrated graphics

Xttony

Distinguished
What do you mean by "there is still no form factors to match motherboards, cases, fans"
What do you mean by a gaming laptop all the gaming laptops that I saw on the different retail websites were more that $200.
There is a MSI laptop with A10 and HD 7970M but when it was benchmarked against a laptop with a Core i7 processor, it scored pretty low in skyrim. I know that Skyrim is also somewhat CPU based. So is there any other laptops that you know of?

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012
you can't just build a laptop. it takes as much if not more research than trying to build a tablet. I'm saying you're much better off by buying a good laptop and modifying it. you can't just change the graphics card or processor on a laptop, but what you could still modify is bluetooth, wifi card, ram, and hard drive

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343988-33-replacing-laptop-graphics-card-model

you should probably wait for haswell

lxgoldsmith

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2012

wait for haswell to get a better laptop. haswell will be designed for smaller computers and will use less power. it will also have greater performance.