Hd 7950m or hd 7970m gpu
Full hd
USB 3 and Sata 3
Dvi or hdmi port

What I don't want
A expensive CPU anything that won't bottleneck my GPU
High ram
High Storage capacity
A operating system, just want a formatted hard drive.

Budget $1200 - $1300

More about : laptop build

January 1, 2013 1:39:32 PM

don't do it, there is still no form factor to match motherboards, cases, and fans. order a $1000-1100 gaming laptop and get a solid state drive. go for 8gb with amd A10 trinity apu. it's reasonably priced with the best integrated graphics
m
l
January 1, 2013 3:44:00 PM

What do you mean by "there is still no form factors to match motherboards, cases, fans"
What do you mean by a gaming laptop all the gaming laptops that I saw on the different retail websites were more that $200.
There is a MSI laptop with A10 and HD 7970M but when it was benchmarked against a laptop with a Core i7 processor, it scored pretty low in skyrim. I know that Skyrim is also somewhat CPU based. So is there any other laptops that you know of?
m
l
Related resources
January 1, 2013 4:22:46 PM

you can't just build a laptop. it takes as much if not more research than trying to build a tablet. I'm saying you're much better off by buying a good laptop and modifying it. you can't just change the graphics card or processor on a laptop, but what you could still modify is bluetooth, wifi card, ram, and hard drive

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/343988-33-replacing-l...

you should probably wait for haswell
m
l
January 1, 2013 4:39:26 PM

I don't wanna build a laptop I just wanted people to suggest me a laptop with the specs I want.
m
l
January 1, 2013 7:46:35 PM

Xttony said:
I don't wanna build a laptop I just wanted people to suggest me a laptop with the specs I want.

wait for haswell to get a better laptop. haswell will be designed for smaller computers and will use less power. it will also have greater performance.
m
l
!