Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why Are There Two Prices for Windows 7 Home Premium!?

Last response: in Windows 7
March 3, 2012 3:20:37 AM

I thought Windows 7 Home Premium had a general retail price of $99.99 (Newegg, Amazon, Tigerdirect etc., but was shocked to see a website that sold it for $199.99! Same product. What is the deal here?
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 3:54:42 AM

One is OEM install only on 1 PC with no mobo upgrades in the future.

Retail version has also 1 licence, but allows the hardware upgrades any time.

Make sure it was not multiple licence windows.
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 4:30:17 AM

nikorr said:
One is OEM install only on 1 PC with no mobo upgrades in the future.

Retail version has also 1 licence, but allows the hardware upgrades any time.

Make sure it was not multiple licence windows.

I have an OEM copy of W7 premium, installed a new motherboard and it activated without any problems.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 4:34:52 AM

If u tell them when activating, that the old mobo died, and it is comparable to the old one or the same one, MS will allow u to do the change.

But try to use high end while the old one was mobo $100 worth and it will be no-go.

Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 4:48:28 AM

nikorr said:
If u tell them when activating, that the old mobo died, and it is comparable to the old one or the same one, MS will allow u to do the change.

But try to use high end while the old one was mobo $100 worth and it will be no-go.

I have a Z68MA-D2H-b3 that I'm about to RMA. I bought a Asrock Extreme 3 installed it and it activated automatically. I'm just sharing my experience.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 4:52:13 AM

Quote:
I have a Z68MA-D2H-b3 that I'm about to RMA. I bought a Asrock Extreme 3 installed it and it activated automatically. I'm just sharing my experience.

What was your procedure?
Score

Best solution

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2012 5:07:04 AM

nikorr said:
What was your procedure?

After a clean install I right clicked computer went to properties, and clicked on activate windows now. I was prepared to call them since I had a faulty motherboard.
March 13, 2012 2:22:20 AM

Best answer selected by Alyus.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
March 13, 2012 2:30:52 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!