Sign in with
Your question

HD 5970 GPU Acceleration Vegas 12 Rendering ?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • GPUs
  • Video
  • HD
  • Rendering
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 17, 2012 4:05:54 AM

Hello,

Iv been trying to search around to figure out if the 5970 is compatible with Vegas for GPU accelerated video rendering.

Iv been rendering 1080 HD videos but have only been able to use my CPU which is an i7 920, it does work good but trying to render video over 2 hours long with just the CPU takes forever.

I see in the options of Vegas that there is an option for "GPU Acceleration of video processing" but the only option is "Off". Iv also tried customizing the output format template and change the encode from from "CPU Only" to "render using OpenCL if available" but still no change it only uses the CPU. If i click the system tab within Vegas and "Check GPU" it says "OpenCL is Available".

Iv also found this information about Vegas.
Quote:
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.

OpenCL seems to be available
it's the 5970 which leads me to believe that it;s later then a HD 57xx
The Catalyst drivers, im guessing this is my version of Catalyst Control Center ? Im using version 12.10.

Just wanting to know if anyone has this working and is able to render video using this card.

Thanks

More about : 5970 gpu acceleration vegas rendering

November 17, 2012 5:43:19 AM

Yeah the 5970 will work for OpenCL hardware acceleration
If your not sure if OpenCL is working for you card download GPU-Z and see if the check box is ticked for OpenCL, if its not you might have to reinstall your drivers or open cl components

If Vegas still says you can't make sure vegas is the correct version and has any updates applied.
m
l
November 17, 2012 5:56:15 AM

Hey,

Great thanks for the info, now i feel a lot more confident continuing to find the solution for this as i now know that it should be working.

I will be trying what you said once i get home from work.

Thanks again
Bob
m
l
!