Help Please! Will this monitor work with my ps3?

ravagetheearth

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hi guys I haven't posted here, but have used this extremely inforamtive website to find info for a while now. I have been doing a lot of research in the past month looking for a great display for my ps3. I have decided on a monitor rather than a tv. This will be exclusively for gaming because I have a large older tv that I am perfectly happy watching cable on. The problem is that the maximum I can spend on the monitor is $200. So I am not totally knowledge in monitors, but I have a general idea of what is good and what is bad and I understand most (not all) of the termonology. After much research I have decided (almost) on buying and ASUS VS247H-P. Here are the specs.

Display
Panel Size: Wide Screen 23.6"(59.9cm) 16:9
True Resolution : 1920x1080
Full HD 1080P : Yes (support 1080i/p by 1:1)
Pixel Pitch : 0.272mm
Brightness(Max) : 300 cd/㎡
ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) : 50000000:1
Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 170°(H)/160°(V)
Response Time : 2ms (Gray to Gray)
Display Colors : 16.7M

Video Feature
SPLENDID Video Intelligence Technology
SPLENDID Video Preset Modes : 6 Modes
Skin-Tone Selection : 3 Modes
Color Temperature Selection : 4 Modes
HDCP support
SPLENDID Video Preset Mode Selection
Auto. Adjustment
Brightness Adjustment
Contrast Adjustment
Input Selection

I/O Ports
Signal Input : HDMI , D-Sub, DVI-D

Signal Frequency
Analog Signal Frequency : 30~80 KHz(H)/ 55~75 Hz(V)
Digital Signal Frequency : 30~80 KHz(H)/ 55~75 Hz(V)

This model also has a headphone out for the HDMI signal which is perfect for me because I pretty much exclusively use headphones when gaming. It also has a game mode setting (not sure if that is important) and 5 other modes. I have read through hundreds of reviews and about 7/8ths of them are 5 star reviews and the other 1/8 reviews are beause there was a couple dead pixels, but I'm not worried about that since this monitor includes an aweome 3 year warranty. The only thing is that most of the reviews were with this connected to a pc. I want to know how it would handle on a gaming console. Even if you have not personally used it with a gaming console I would appreciate if you could look the specs over and let me know what you think. I really want to buy this tomorrow, but at the same time I'm not going to rush into anything. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out I appreciate it more than you know. Thanks -Josh

Here is a link to the ASUS page. http://ca.asus.com/en/Display/LCD_Monitors/VS247HP/#overview

The monitor has a HDMI port, therefore the PS3 can plug into it and its all good.
Its really that simple, there's no compatibility to worry about between computer/consoles and monitors/TV's except for whether they have common port.

It has hdmi, so it should work. I've had a similar Asus in 1920x1200 for 3 years and zero issues. That being said I don't use a console and most ps3 games are low res and I don't really see the point if you have a TV