Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$600 AMD Gaming Build....Need Advice ASAP

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 1, 2013 8:54:35 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: $600

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Home Theatre and Gaming

Parts Not Required: Monitor, just going to use my 42" 1080 TV

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Newegg and Amazon

Country: USA

Monitor Resolution: 42" 1080 TV

I am looking at the following components to build a new hme theatre/gaming pc but on a strict budget. I was hoping this could play most games such as BF3. And is the PSU enough power? if you see where I can save more money please offer.

CPU: Phenom ii x 4 965 Black
GPU: HIS Radeon 7750 2GB
MOBO: ASRock 970 Extreme 3
RAM: G.Skills Ares 8GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
CASE: Antec 300 Illusion
PSU: Antec 450w 12v
Optical: LG 14x Bluray Burner
OS: Windows 7
a b 4 Gaming
January 1, 2013 9:12:24 PM

you can do better for $600.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 PRO3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($77.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $599.04
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-01 18:12 EST-0500)

---
or if you need windows:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 PRO3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($77.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card ($107.99 @ Microcenter)
Case: Cougar Solution (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $602.04
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-01 18:13 EST-0500)
a b 4 Gaming
January 1, 2013 9:49:02 PM

If you are going to playing on that tv you need over 1gb of ram on your graphics card to play smoothly. 550s have very slight trouble maxing bf3 0ut in 1080 on my 62" in some big games. The fx6300 does great in games as well.
Related resources
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 1, 2013 10:46:51 PM

I like ScrewySqrl's build but I hate that case choice and Hitachi HDs are horrendously unreliable.

For that price you can definitely do better:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($200.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($75.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $659.47
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-01 19:46 EST-0500)
January 2, 2013 12:44:15 AM

g-unit1111 said:
I like ScrewySqrl's build but I hate that case choice and Hitachi HDs are horrendously unreliable.

For that price you can definitely do better:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($35.57 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($200.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($75.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $659.47
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-01 19:46 EST-0500)


You listed no OS. He might need one which will raise the price another $100.
a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 1:01:44 AM

Hitachi is now Western Digital.
a c 271 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 1:47:30 AM

ScrewySqrl said:
Hitachi is now Western Digital.


Since when? I didn't know that.

Quote:
You listed no OS. He might need one which will raise the price another $100.


Actually none of the builds listed so far have included OS.
January 2, 2013 3:33:33 AM

g-unit1111 said:
Since when? I didn't know that.

Quote:
You listed no OS. He might need one which will raise the price another $100.


Actually none of the builds listed so far have included OS.

OP did. :3
a b 4 Gaming
January 2, 2013 10:23:58 AM

1) Hitachi was purchased by WD durng the 2010-11 HDD shortage.

2) I included an OS in my second build (dropping the 7850 1gb to a 7770 and dropping the Hyper 212+)
!