Superphilipp1987

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I once built a Mini-ITX rig with an i5-2500. The Scythe Shuriken (only 2.5 in tall) works well in it. It's even pretty silent, if you don't set the rpm high. The Alpenföhn Panorama would probably be a good choice, too.

Maybe you should consider an Ivy Bridge build, because the new AMDs tend to be on the power inefficient side, and you are really looking for parts that won't get hot as quickly with the small form factor.

mc_creeper

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
You can use a stock cooler but I would recommend an aftermarket cooler for Cooler Master, Corsair etc. Also if you are going to play games an SSD and a Graphics card. Please let us know what you are going to use this PC for. It will help us help you :)

specsual

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

thank you for responding, im building this to play medium high gaming on a budget, sticking with the amd processor, because it is so cheap. leaning to match the apu with a radeon 7660 graphics card for dual graphics. my main concern is the thing over heating and being extremely loud

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Since it is hard to fit a large HSF, a closed loop cooler might be an option to get temps nearly as good as high end air coolers when space is tight. From the case reviews only a small amount of modding is needed to mount a 120mm closed loop cooler.