Fujifilm S3 exceptional color

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm sure there was some photoshop work involved to help along, but
starting with excellent material helps too ...

In some images the "Maipulated?" box indicates "no" (Whis is up to the
photog to set...)

http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?include=all&photo_id=3442846
( Note some images are S3 some are D100, others are film )

Cheers,
Alan.

--
A beaver and a rabbit are sitting in the woods near Hoover Dam.
"Did you build that one?" the rabbit asked.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:55:00 -0400, Alan Browne
<alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca> wrote:

> I'm sure there was some photoshop work involved to help along, but
> starting with excellent material helps too ...
>
> In some images the "Maipulated?" box indicates "no" (Whis is up to the
> photog to set...)
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?include=all&photo_id=3442846
> ( Note some images are S3 some are D100, others are film )

Color correction does not count as "manipulation" by photo.net's
standards, as long as realism is the goal.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/manipulation

Upon rereading this, I notice that it's stricter than I'd remembered
in some respects. I've just gone and turned two of my "unmanipulated"
photos into "unknown or yes".

--
Ben Rosengart (212) 741-4400 x215
--Josh Micah Marshall

Ben Rosengart <br+rpdss@panix.com> wrote:

> Color correction does not count as "manipulation" by photo.net's
> standards, as long as realism is the goal.

What about color uncorrection? These shots show a really heavy foot on the
saturation pedal.

"Alan Browne" <alan.browne@FreeLunchVideotron.ca> wrote in message

> I'm sure there was some photoshop work involved to help along, but
> starting with excellent material helps too ...

Do these pictures show scenes from your home planet, or do they originate
from a palsied hand on Photoshop's saturation slider? Just curious.

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:18:02 -0000, Bubbabob
<rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote:
> Ben Rosengart <br+rpdss@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Color correction does not count as "manipulation" by photo.net's
>> standards, as long as realism is the goal.
>
> What about color uncorrection? These shots show a really heavy foot on the
> saturation pedal.

I dunno. The guidelines are all at the link I posted, so check them
out and see what you think.