Asus GTX 580 (ex display)

Hey guys

I've recently bought a new (ex display) Asus GTX 580, connected it all up, the two lights on the back are lit up.

However when I powered up my system the fans on the card aren't working, my pc makes like an alarm sound and the screen is just black.

I am doing something wrong or is the graphics card faulty?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
12 answers Last reply
More about asus display
  1. Graphics card could be faulty. Are the power connections properly connected.
  2. Yeah its properly connected I think. The two green lights are lit up behind the power connections.

I've got a Corsair 750tx v2 PSU so it has the proper 8 pin connectors (6pin + the extra 2)
  3. OK make sure its snug in the PI-e slot
  4. Just tried it again in the slot, no difference. Looks like its faulty. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I wasn't doing before asking for a refund.

Thanks for the help bud
  5. No problem but before you take it back just try a few other things. Try a different slot on your motherboard if you can. Also try different display combinations. What kind of post beep/code were you hearing
  6. have just tried the next pci-e slot, same result. The beep is one long followed by 3 short beeps. I've tried my old card again and that works fine
  7. Ok. now go find your motherboards manual or download a copy online. and find the beep codes chart. What motherboard do you have?
  8. Asus P8P67 EVO
  9. Ok from what the manual says its one continuous beep followed by 3 short means there is "No VGA detected". Which means.... no graphics card detected. So, either you can RMA that card. or return it and get a new card. Now i doub't your gonna find a 580 in store now that 600 series is out. So a 670 may be what you replace it with. Which is still a better card than the 580
  10. Thanks for finding that out bud, the card is defo faulty then. I will have a look into getting a 670 or 680 if I can get a cheap one. Thanks again
  11. No problem. If you ever need Display or Graphics card help. Just shoot me a PM. happy to help!
  12. just to let you know, I got the 670 a while ago and its awesome. Far Cry 3 on ultra, I'm getting a steady 60fps. Thanks again for advise
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Gtx Graphics Displays