Building a PC (First time (: )

10 answers Last reply
More about building first time
  1. Looks like a very nice build to me. The only thing i'm not sure about is the PSU; i don't think 550W will be enough... maybe you can go up to 700W?

    I'm not an expert, if anyone with better knoledge corrects me it'd be ok.

    About the rest, it's a monster build, very nice.

    Good luck!
  2. Exactly what I was worried about :), thank you for sharing my concern.
  3. 550W is enough. I don't know about Rosewill psu qualities but you can get a Seasonic S12II 620 at that price (an even better unit) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096
  4. ajchavez91 said:
    Looks like a very nice build to me. The only thing i'm not sure about is the PSU; i don't think 550W will be enough... maybe you can go up to 700W?

    I'm not an expert, if anyone with better knoledge corrects me it'd be ok.

    About the rest, it's a monster build, very nice.

    Good luck!



    550W from a good power supply is enough to power *every* modern card, right up to the GTX 680 or HD 7970. The Rosewill Capstone series is as top-quality power supply.
  5. Great system.

    I'd think about getting a different keyboard: unicomp customizer my favorite.
  6. ScrewySqrl said:
    550W from a good power supply is enough to power *every* modern card, right up to the GTX 680 or HD 7970. The Rosewill Capstone series is as top-quality power supply.


    Thanks for the correction. I had never heard of Rosewill, so that was my main concern. :)
  7. Rosewill is Newegg's "house Brand", their Hive and Capstone supplies are built by very reputable companies, but their earlier power supplies are not as good (Rosewill Green belongs to 'Ok, but there are better' and Stallion or no name models belong to 'Don't touch!')
  8. ScrewySqrl said:
    Rosewill is Newegg's "house Brand", their Hive and Capstone supplies are built by very reputable companies, but their earlier power supplies are not as good (Rosewill Green belongs to 'Ok, but there are better' and Stallion or no name models belong to 'Don't touch!')


    Excellent! thanks for the info :D didn't know it was Neweggs "house brand" :ouch: I'll keep that in mind whenever i buy something! :D

    Cheers!
  9. lostmyclan said:
    yourt system is great...

    but you can change somenthing

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136891 and try find a ssd 128gb http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227822

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231611 this memo is more eco friendly run at 1.5volts and is low profile.


    Thank you for your suggestions, I have heard bad things about the "Green" Series line so I will stay away from that :P, thanks for the rest :)
  10. Best answer selected by kicknate195.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product