Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
both are 650 ti so there wont be a huge difference in performance,
just a few frames here and there, and the 2gb will be a waste coz u
wont even be using it most of the time even in 1080p.
and the higher clock rate wont be able to give more than 5fps
so choose what u want, but the EVGA is a bit better.
and EVGA is not a small brand.
bottom line is that both of them will perform almost identical, EVGA is
just a bit better, but ASUS is not that bad either.
and since gaming is not your main purpose ASUS is good too if u love it that much

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

The memory clock is higher on the EVGA. I have heard that the memory clock is more important to cards with lower bits, such as the 650 Ti since it is only 128 bit.

clocks will affect the performance a bit, at most usually +/- 5% usually, but vram will have no added benefit at all as the only one whos capable of using the vram would be professional work, as no game will be able to really utilize it as the card isnt strong enough to use it gaming wise.

the 650ti isn't the worst, it just came out at the wrong time at the wrong price. if it came out when AMD released the 7770 at around 150$, then the 650ti would have been a competitive card. but with the 7770 down near 120$ and the 7850 at around like 175$, it makes it harder to recommend 650ti's unless you are going for the ACIII promo, as the performance gap between a 650ti and a 7850 is sizable, as the 7850 1gb is as strong as the slightly more expensive 7850 2gb, except with a lower vram(so it would hurt in very few games that hit the barrier if you maxed stuff), so its like comparing a Gtx 650ti to a Gtx 570(which is relatively at the same level as a 7850).

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
I wasn't looking at any promos. I just wanted a Kepler card that would fit into my budget. Performance wise I don't need much, I care much more about the CPU than GPU since I don't play very many games, just mostly just the Sims 3 with all EPs. I was planning on having the card until 2014 when I would get Nvidia's next refresh.

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Kepler is a lot better than Fermi, for the reasons Radeon 7000 is better than 6000. A GTX 560 Ti would be better than the GTX 650 Ti for obvious reasons. But it isn't in my budget. A GTX 560 would be only $20 more, but for only $30 more I could get a Radeon 7850 which would blow the GTX 560 out of the water.

dheeraj9933

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
both are 650 ti so there wont be a huge difference in performance,
just a few frames here and there, and the 2gb will be a waste coz u
wont even be using it most of the time even in 1080p.
and the higher clock rate wont be able to give more than 5fps
so choose what u want, but the EVGA is a bit better.
and EVGA is not a small brand.
bottom line is that both of them will perform almost identical, EVGA is
just a bit better, but ASUS is not that bad either.
and since gaming is not your main purpose ASUS is good too if u love it that much

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.