Sign in with
Your question

AMD drivers kills my internet.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 18, 2012 12:41:47 AM

I just got my first AMD card Sapphire 7870 and when I installed the drivers my internet pretty much stopped working. Did a full reinstall of windows - thought it was the fact that my chipset was Nvidia - and when I installed the drivers again same thing. Uninstalling them fixed the issue.

Also I have an unknown Coprocessor in device manager.
November 18, 2012 12:59:05 AM

Full system specs including PSU make and model?
m
l
November 18, 2012 1:08:19 AM

baverdi said:
I just got my first AMD card Sapphire 7870 and when I installed the drivers my internet pretty much stopped working. Did a full reinstall of windows - thought it was the fact that my chipset was Nvidia - and when I installed the drivers again same thing. Uninstalling them fixed the issue.

Also I have an unknown Coprocessor in device manager.

You probably uninstalled the nvidia motherboard drivers.

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the newest drivers for it.

m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2012 1:10:01 AM

XFX 8200 mobo
4 gigs DDR2 pc6400 corsair
Sapphire 7870
Phenom II 945 95W
P1-850B-CAG9 850watt psu
Seagate 1tb
Asus pci-e 1 wifi nic Atheros

Not sure why you need that. This a software issue. Add software and internet goes, remove software and it comes back.

Still thanks for the reply
m
l
November 18, 2012 1:13:04 AM

maxalge said:
You probably uninstalled the nvidia motherboard drivers.

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the newest drivers for it.

I just did a full format reinstall of Windows 7 Ultimate and installed no drivers except 12.11 beta 7. I did the reinstall because I thought I removed a registry key for the chipset pci controller.

So that variable is out. This is a fresh install of windows.
m
l
November 18, 2012 1:58:50 PM

Chipset drivers are No1 priority and a reboot is also recommended before proceeding with graphics drivers etc although you should install your LAN, USB etc before them also...

I know the beta drivers work well, but have you also tried the official release?

m
l
November 19, 2012 12:38:35 AM

paddys09 said:
Chipset drivers are No1 priority and a reboot is also recommended before proceeding with graphics drivers etc although you should install your LAN, USB etc before them also...

I know the beta drivers work well, but have you also tried the official release?

Where do you find USB drivers for my mobo?
m
l
November 20, 2012 4:16:51 AM

That is where I was looking. There are no USB drivers there.
m
l
November 20, 2012 4:45:08 AM

I'm not registered with XFX, so cannot see the list..

Install the one's that are required... I was just giving you examples
m
l
!