AMD drivers kills my internet.

I just got my first AMD card Sapphire 7870 and when I installed the drivers my internet pretty much stopped working. Did a full reinstall of windows - thought it was the fact that my chipset was Nvidia - and when I installed the drivers again same thing. Uninstalling them fixed the issue.

Also I have an unknown Coprocessor in device manager.
10 answers Last reply
More about drivers kills internet
  1. Full system specs including PSU make and model?
  2. baverdi said:
    I just got my first AMD card Sapphire 7870 and when I installed the drivers my internet pretty much stopped working. Did a full reinstall of windows - thought it was the fact that my chipset was Nvidia - and when I installed the drivers again same thing. Uninstalling them fixed the issue.

Also I have an unknown Coprocessor in device manager.

You probably uninstalled the nvidia motherboard drivers.

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the newest drivers for it.
  3. XFX 8200 mobo
    4 gigs DDR2 pc6400 corsair
    Sapphire 7870
    Phenom II 945 95W
    P1-850B-CAG9 850watt psu
    Seagate 1tb
    Asus pci-e 1 wifi nic Atheros

Not sure why you need that. This a software issue. Add software and internet goes, remove software and it comes back.

Still thanks for the reply
  4. maxalge said:
    You probably uninstalled the nvidia motherboard drivers.

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the newest drivers for it.

I just did a full format reinstall of Windows 7 Ultimate and installed no drivers except 12.11 beta 7. I did the reinstall because I thought I removed a registry key for the chipset pci controller.

So that variable is out. This is a fresh install of windows.
  5. Just reinstalled without the vision control center and internet is fine.
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/Pages/vision-engine.aspx
    It is suppose to speed up the internet but was the opposite.

Now I have no access to CCC and graphics options.
  6. Chipset drivers are No1 priority and a reboot is also recommended before proceeding with graphics drivers etc although you should install your LAN, USB etc before them also...

I know the beta drivers work well, but have you also tried the official release?
  7. paddys09 said:
    Chipset drivers are No1 priority and a reboot is also recommended before proceeding with graphics drivers etc although you should install your LAN, USB etc before them also...

I know the beta drivers work well, but have you also tried the official release?

Where do you find USB drivers for my mobo?
  8. You will find all your drivers here:

http://xfxforce.com/en-gb/help/support.aspx

Just register and search your motherboard
  9. That is where I was looking. There are no USB drivers there.
  10. I'm not registered with XFX, so cannot see the list..

Install the one's that are required... I was just giving you examples
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers AMD Internet Graphics